1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contoller inversion

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Supersnow, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Supersnow

Supersnow Member

Anybody out there ever swap/reverse wiring in the unimount controller that changes the direction of the up/down function? I have a problem with back on the joystick being down and forward being up.. I have the small stock electric controller not the handheld..

thanks

2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I think a lot of people switck the hoses on the angle rams and then turn the controller aound so back is up now. I think I read that on here before seems that would be easier than messing with the wires.

3. Supersnow

Supersnow Member

That's one I haven't thought of....thanks. Just seems wierd that for decades in aviation and heavy equipment that back was up and forward was down.. but today all the video games geeks program the stuff backward... I'm old school..

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

ya it is weird even new cars the power windows are backwards now lol.

5. 02ChevyMI

02ChevyMI Junior Member

I agree with this is backwards. I actually built my own controller with two (2) toggle switches. It drives my buddy nuts that I wired it to make forward is down and back is up. In look at it as a lever, like my first plow on the quad. Pulling the handle back was up, pushing forward was down. This makes perfect sense to me.

Oh well, everybody is perfect, as long as no one else is able to offer their opinion.