1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

contol cables

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by derby66, Feb 13, 2009.

1. derby66

derby66 Junior Member
    from ohio

First plow, old western with cable controls,going on a 1999 S-10 blazer.I was wondering the best way to run the cables,(threw the fire wall,floor,???) and the cables are as long as my blazer,do they sell shorter one? Thanks Derby

2. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

it's been years since i've seen the short cables and the ones i did see were too short. which joystick and mount do you have for the pump? the red T-handle or the black one? if it's the black one is it the floor mount or dash mount?

3. derby66

derby66 Junior Member
    from ohio

Its the red T type floor mount. I just jumped into it last night,picked a spot under the drivers side,to the right of the gas peddle cable,drilled a hole ,once the cables were snaked through,the length was just right!!! Thanks Derby

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

glad it worked out for ya. just so you know if you need to replace those cables they're getting harder to find so if you need to you can replace the entire controler and cables with one of the black ones.