1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

continuous beep

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Longae29, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Western tornado electric salter has continuous beep error. This is not listed ad one of the error codes in the owners manual, I tried a search but this doesn't seem to have been covered. Anyone else dealt with this?

2. Longae29

Bump.anybody? Just keeps beeping....doesn't stop at 10, or 11 just jeeps beeping

3. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Its most likely just one beep. But since its the same slight pause between each beep it seems like its a continuous beep. Sounds like a poor connection from the spreader wiring to the truck wiring.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I agree. Continuous flash / beep is a one.

5. Longae29

Found a bad fuse, replaced it with one off a brand new salter we have sitting in the yard and that did the trick.

6. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I have downloaded and keep a copy of the manual error sheet on my phone so I can quickly reference it to see what the beeps mean!!!

I have used it a couple times already this year!!!

Error sheet.JPG

7. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The fuse that he changed was probably the big one. Without that fuse the decoder module has no power so cannot respond to commands. The controller fires up because it gets power from the ign fuse.