1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Continued Plow Problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by locosol, Feb 24, 2010.

1. locosol

locosol Junior Member
    from 21601

Hello All-

Still having problems with my SnowMan 75LDA. Replaced the power unit, all hydraulic lines, solenoid, and joystick controller. Hooked everything up yesterday, turned it all on and-- NOTHING! Checked all connections. Nothing!

Attached the battery cables directly to the plow pump motor (red to red, black to plow frame). Started up imemdiately and raised the plow all the way up. So, new power unit obviously working.

Then, thinking maybe a solenoid problem, jumped the terminals (across the brown wire to small stud, direct red to red). Pump motor again kicked on to raise the plow. So, obviously power is going from the battery, through the solenoid, through the plow cable.

Like I said, I also got a new controller (figured I was replacing everything else, right?). So I don't see how it could be that. What am I missing??

Like I said in my previous post, I don't know much about snow plow maintenance. I've been driving plow trucks for years, but they always belonged to other people. When something broke, I just reported it and someone else fixed it. Trying to "learn as I go" here.

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Do you have a wiring diagram for that plow. Seems your controller is not getting powered up or there is a wiring problem.

3. locosol

locosol Junior Member
    from 21601

Yes, I have the installation guide and the wiring diagrams from SnowMan. I'm thinking I should go back and clean all connections one more time. Maybe I missed something.

4. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

well before you buy anything else why dont you invest $1.99 in a test light and verify if you have power were you should.

5. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Clark Lawn is right. Its a small price to pay to make your plow work.....

6. locosol

locosol Junior Member
    from 21601

Have test light now. Going to check it out. I'll let you all know what, if anything, I find. Thanks for the suggestions!

7. locosol

locosol Junior Member
    from 21601

Got it all working! Turns out it was a bad connection in the black wire from the plow controller. Thanks to everyone who helped "shepherd" me along with this.