1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Continental plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cat320, Jan 18, 2001.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Has any one have this typ of plow on there truck it would be more of a local plow in eastern ma.Also what brand of comercial plow would any one put on a F450 onther than fisher,for IE: Flink,frink ect.
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Fisher 9' Mc or 9.5' V-plow would be great for your truck.

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Henderson makes a very nice municipal plow for that series truck.
  4. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I don't have continental but know someone that did, he loved it but it was very costly
  5. tru cut

tru cut PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a used fisher 9ft mc w/all the hardwhere to bolt and wire to your 450 just like new. email me if you interested
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Viking? They have a new method for tripping over obstacles, it is a trip edge but the scraper edge is attached to a urethane piece which is attached to the moldboard. We have a 10' for our 750 or our older F-800. Haven't used it much, but it seems like a good plow so far.
  7. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

Our fleet consists of F450's PSD 2x4 duallies, early 90's were C&C while our new 2000's are crewcabs. We run Meyer/Diamond products. The older trucks had meyer 8-9' blades, which we quickly found out were too stressed under the weight of our trucks. The mechanics welded metal into some of the blades to toughen them up. Over the last few years we switched to Diamond 8-9' blades which are extremely rugged, and can handle the weight of the trucks.

While some say Meyer/Diamond are junk, with the amount of plows we run, we've worked out the quirks, and they work well for us.
  8. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Viking most have gotten that idear from pathfinder out of RI.They came up with it in the mid 80's It's a great set up but they have no dealers only factory direct.
  9. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I don't know if anyone is still interested in continental but in the January 4th edition of auto hunter, there's a 9'continental plow for sale with all the parts. here's what the ad says-

Continental 9' highway plowm complete w/ new 4-way valves, pumps & hoses, also push frame w/ lites $1,500 617-876-8665 cambridge,ma
  10. Repoman

Repoman Banned

Andersen makes supreme heavy munincipal series for trucks 13,000 and above.They also come with a right or left discharge, or both with or without angling.