1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Stik208, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I am contemplating trading in my 07 crew cab 1500 for this 04 ext cab 2500 with 8' MM2, http://goldsteinauto.com/Buick-GMC/used-2004-GMC-Sierra-2500HD---Extended-Cab--2HX2516A.php . The only problem I saw was a hole in the driver seat. I am not sold on the ext cab part coming from a crew cab. I have 2.5 year old in a car seat which will fit but I am worried I will run out of room. I want to do some driveways again since the guy I plowed for is getting out of it this year. The price is $14,900.
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check out the transfer case for pump rub, the front frame for cracking or if it has gussets already. These have all been discussed many times and more info can be found with a search of the site.
  3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

How many miles on your truck? Why not just toss a plow on your truck?
  4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Seems kind of silly to trade backwards if you ask me. I know its a 3/4 but still....
  5. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Its a 2500HD, not a 2500 which makes it more interesting if I was purchasing it.

I have multiple crew cabs and a single extended cab. Car seat in the extended cab is ok as long as its behind the passenger seat with no passenger. Sucks with a passenger.

I would call it a double step back for you. Year and not a cc.
  6. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

No gussets or cracking, I didnt get under it to look at the transfer case. I have 86k on mine and I have been searching high and low for a plow for mine, the used market is few and far between on the new body 1/2s. Also have you seen the prices on Craigslist?
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Any 7'6" will fit on yours no problem. Add timbrens and go to town. Buying that truck is a waste IMO.
  8. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

Yeah i dont understand why u would buy that ruck at that price..... i just bought a 2002 2500 with 79000 and 4 yr old hinker for 4 thousand....secondly as far as ur truck goes now why pay 14000 grand on a truck with payments when u could have cheaper payments in buying a new plow and keeping the truck that makes u happy