1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contemplating selling my Trackless snow blower

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by snowblowertruck, Dec 1, 2009.

1. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

I have what I believe is about a 1980 trackless snow blower. I have by rough estimate over $12,000 invested into this machine. I burned the pto clutch out of it because I wasn't given any sort of operating instructions when I bought the machine, that alone cost almost $3000. I have fabbed up a shute extension for loading dump trucks as well as made longer hydraulic lines for the deflector cylinder. Trackless’ website claims these machines will move snow at a rate of around 7 tons per minute, and that's no joke. I bought this machine last November and never really got a chance to use it because I burned the pto clutch out of it soon after, the dealer didn't get the parts in until after Christmas. From there I only had a couple more weeks of snow, I know this because I didn't plow but twice after the first of Feb.
    I will consider offers for this machine but I am not in any rush to get rid of it, (so I won’t be giving it away). I have a picture of it in my profile and it is being stored inside of a neighbor’s tool shed.
    Any questions, please ask.

2. JJSLandscape

JJSLandscape Member

how much are you asking?

3. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Detroit Metro Airport just sold 5 of those. I think they were mid 90s with 110 hp diesel engines. Pretty nice machines. They went for $3500 - $5500 each.

4. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

I haven't put much thought into it. If you have an offer, you can PM me.

5. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

I wouldn’t consider selling it for anything close$5500. I'd keep it for those freak snow storms where we get pummeled with two feet of snow overnight. That $5500 most likely doesn’t include any attachments…like the snow blower!!!

6. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

have any pics ?

7. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

They did not have snow blowers on them, they had plows on the front and salt spreaders on the rear. They were red too...lol

8. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

Don't get me wrong, I don't think what I've got is a gold mine but I've got a LOT more than $5500 invested just into buying the machine, then it had some repairs that needed to be done to make it a solid machine. The PTO clutch cost over $2500 and I have the receipts to prove it. And you want to have your jaw drop, call trackless and ask them the price on some of their attachments. So to the unknowing person, those machines went cheap, but to a person who knows what it would cost to buy the machine and then the attachment, it suddenly turns out to be a not so good deal. My driveway is over 1/4 mile long and about 15 foot wide with wide open farm fields on each side. Each winter we get hammered with at least one storm where this machine is worth its weight in gold.