1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Contact person at SMS Assist for Best Buy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steve b, Sep 28, 2011.

1. steve b

steve b Member

Does anyone have a contact at SMS? We have been trying to get to the right person to bid on the snow at Best Buy.
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The people from that company that I've had contact with are: Felicity Sweet, Aiden Sweet, Brice Mendes, Alex Rothman and Rob Rothman. One of those people should be able to help you out.

And for your sake, I hope their snow prices are better than their sweeping prices :waving:
  3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Nope.....They are Not...I have their prices for a couple of Best Buys and Sherwin Williams stores.....Lets just say they are Very Low.....:eek:
  4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

SMS does Sherwin Williams? I've been doing my local one direct for a couple years.
  5. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I have been trying to get ahold of them for bidding on my local Dollar General...to no avail.
  6. dbhal

dbhal Junior Member

Family Dollar, Office Depot, SMS Assist, Case Snow Management

They have not paid us anything for snow services from last season in Boston. We worked for 5 weeks for "Family Dollar" and "Office Depot" through "SMS Assist"
    and "Case Snow Management", and have not received any payment. They are negligent , irresponsible, and lie, don't work for them. We are forced to go to court to get paid.
  7. Matson Snow

What doe's Case say????......Was Case the Contractor and you were the Sub-contractor????....Was Case Paid???
  8. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Correction to my post. Family Dollar not Dollar General
  9. dbhal

dbhal Junior Member

Our contract was with Case, who was contracted by SMS Assist. Case was paid.
  10. nglatt

nglatt Junior Member
    from MA

Case Snow Management has not been paid and is currently pursuing legal action to protect its subcontractors.
  11. dbhal

dbhal Junior Member

Case has not paid

Well you should instruct Case SM to work with their Subcontractors to insure they get paid, and pay the subcontractors what they collected, and also follow through with a demand and law suit to get full payment promptly from SMS Assist. The Subcontractors took on the responsibility of snow service and must get paid.
  12. Matson Snow

:popcorn::popcorn:.....Interesting.....Another Case(no pun intended) of the last man on the food chain getting it in the Pooper....:eek:
  13. G.McNeill&Son

G.McNeill&Son Member

There has to be more to it, I can't see Case just not paying you. We've been working for Case Snow Management for many years now. We have never had any issue's with payments, they have always paid us each and every year. Also they have supported us with issues that came up on our sites. I hope the best, good luck
  14. dbhal

dbhal Junior Member

Take caution with National Facility companies.

We have worked for several large facility companies doing snow services. If you cannot modify the contract you get, you are in trouble. Have your attorney explain the terms, because you may never get paid, or you maybe providing the credit of your services to them for months. You will become the bank in which may never get paid. The terms they have in their contract may prevent you from getting paid. And many facility companies create an LLC or additional Corporations at different times to allow them to go bankrupt and not pay you. Examples are Symbiot when they took over John Allen's company. They started an LLC which went bankrupt in the following year. Many Snow plow subcontractors did not get paid several million dollars from that situation.
  15. NickT

NickT Senior Member

interesting thread:popcorn::whistling:
  16. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

From what I've heard from my boss they sure as heck aren't better here. We lost the one here in Fargo this year and we have been doing it for quite a few years and it sounds like the company who is doing it now is doing it for quite a bit less then what we were!! Their snow prices suck!