1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Constructive Critisism wanted

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by richsoucie, Oct 20, 2010.

1. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

so here is my bussiness card what do you guys think? anything i should change?

2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I like everything except the call for free quote, The font size looks a little to big. When I look at the card that is what stands out. I would tweak it to see different looks. Just my personal opinion. I like the trees and the oval with your services.
  3. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I would suggest using the same font for everything and one that is easier to read.
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

E-mail address, website and phone # should all have a more basic looking font that is easier to read.
  5. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

revision 1. Fixed the font took some stuff out and moved everything around.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  6. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I like this revision but just because, flip flop your name and phone numbers, maybe make your name a little smaller also. Or put your name and free quotes on the back side.
  7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

JMO don't change the revision at all, that is a great card
  8. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

back of the card is not usable i have a referral form on the back side of the card. Now i get to start designing my website yay me
  9. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

I say loose the cell #. Replace it with a fax #. If the client or potential client is important enough, you can always write your cell # on the back or something. But, that's just me as I hate those 3 am calls on my cell for stupid BS that could wait until normal business hours. Especially if it's from someone that I don't even know.
  10. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

last revision had to change logo cause the truck is blue
  11. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I would take your name off of bold letters to me it draws your attention away from the main part of the card. but you did a great job.
  12. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

the last revision is pretty good.
    I'd lose the "fall and spring cleanups". isn't that obvious if you do lawn care?

remember, a business card has a function
    and it's not advertising.
    It's contact info.
    You've already sold people and the card is how they remember you and get a hold of you.
    do you have a fax number? or they just call the office.
    how do most people contact you?

don't bother with the back, leave it blank.
    NOBODY looks at the back of a business card, it's a waste of money.

get a real .com address.
    nobody uses .biz, and nobody remembers it.

the same font should be used thruout your marketing.
    so whatever font you pick and for whatever reason, should be on your website, the business card, marketing materials, etc. When people see that font, you want them to think of your name.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  13. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Its looking good, thats a real French Canadian name you have there.
  14. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

yep got both parents last name and thet are both french canadian. im trying to get the .com address but its still registered until april and i cant get ahold of the guy.

15. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

You miss-spelled management.

16. buckwheat_la

I think the "management" was a new addition as the other cards don't say that
  17. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

:nono: the first 3 do............just sayin' :D
  18. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I think the last example looks good other than the miss-spelled word. The only other thing I would question is do you snow plow or do snow removal or both?
  19. buckwheat_la

your right!!! but the "last revision" one doesn't, personally i like the last revision one the best, JMO
  20. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

i do both and i fixed the misspelled word for some reason the spell checker in Photoshop cs5 didnt pick that up.

also changed it a little
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010