1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

conspiracy ??? Maybe

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Rich Graz, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Does anybody find it strange that western and fisher's website look exactly the same and out of all the website designers in the world they both have the same. The poly tornado and poly caster spreader are exactly the same,can't find a difference? I'm sure there are more identical things.

whats the verdict?

2. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Well, they are owned by the same company. So is Blizzard. Douglas Dynamics LLC. owns them all.

3. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

I never knew that, Talk about a Monopoly. Well that clarifies a lot. Thanks for the in site.

4. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I believe western and boss were together at one time also.

5. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

While the Douglas Dynamics brands — Blizzard Snowplows, Fisher Engineering and Western Products — maintain distinct product characteristics in the marketplace, each brand benefits from the collective resources of all three, providing an unparalleled competitive advantage in shared expertise that our competition cannot match.

Does that explain the spreader thing?

6. Brant'sLawnCare

No problem friend. Blizzard was the latest buyout, I think that happened in 2006? Not sure when Fisher and Western were bought.

7. Brant'sLawnCare

As far as I know, they have always been competitors. But I don't know that for sure.

8. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Seriously?

Nope.

9. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

I just wanted to clarify that BOSS has always been an independent, family owned business and is not affiliated with the Wall Street traded Douglas Dynamics (Western, Fisher, Blizzard) organization. We are very proud to be part of a family owned business as many of our customers come from a similar background.

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Now this I didn't know.

Any new models coming out soon?

11. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

While our product line up for 2011/2012 is similar to last year, we have added a Rubber Cutting Edge to our 12' Box Plow and we have added several new mounts for our UTV plows including Bobcat, Case IH, Club Car, Honda, Husqvarna & New Hollard. These mounts were added to our John Deere, Kawasaki, Kubota & Polaris UTV lineup.

We have an aggressive innovation schedule for the upcoming years so stay tuned! You can keep up on products announcements here on Plowsite or also by joining on Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/TheBossSnowplow and/or Twitter feed @BOSSSnowplows.

12. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

I think I started a great thread Thumbs Up