1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

considering switching partners

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by stillen, Aug 14, 2007.

1. stillen

stillen Senior Member

I need a new truck. I love my GMC, It has been nothing but perfect in my opinion. However it has come time to make my current 1995 GMC 3/4 ton extended cab short bed4x4 my yard truck for our farm. I'm in the market for another 3/4 ton extended cab 4x4, short bed, definately used. The prices of the used GMC's are outrageous, I'm assuming because they are just so reliable. I am considering a F-250 in a similar configuration, which seems to be about 3-4k less than a comparable GMC...... Any thoughts, My ford buddies can't wait for me to come to their side, and my bowtie friends can't tell me not to enough...

What you guys think?
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Why change if you've had such good luck. They are more expensive for a reason.
  3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i agree. if your happy with gmc......
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Haaha your posting in the Chevy forum i dont think anyones gonna say "yeah get a Ford!" Unless Grandview or First time Out highjacks it lol.

Stick with GM man!
  5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

there is a reason those fords are 3-4K less... they are just built cheaper and faster without as much attention to detail and many corners are cut. im not trying to piss off any ford guys its just been my experience.
  6. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

the fact of the matter is the general is loading there trucks to the grills , you can't even get a basic work truck anymore without ordering one . gmc's are the top of line as the general's trucks go there nice . could try and chevy just as good little different packages. i still like chevys but i love my ford i was sold when i drove it . if willing to travel you should try auto trader help me find my truck i had to go to NJ
  7. stillen

stillen Senior Member

stayed with GM

Talked to a buch of friends/customers...... everyone stated that although the GM trucks are a tad pricer even in resale/trade in value, that its well worth it in the long run. I guess every manaufacturer has their own issues. This came into my dealer (i work here) the other day, and I jumped right on it..

2001, GMC, sierra, 4x4, 5.3l, dual power seats, four doors, SLE, not smoked in, yada yada yada.....200k, yes, 200k, but it purrs and has only 1 small rust spot. I had my recon guys and techs look at it before i bought it, and they gave me the ok. They said a GMC with 200k will out last a ford/dodge with the same. I also got all the maintenance records from the PO, and he was faithful at every 5k for a synthetic oil change..

Best part... $4000.00

Thanks for the help guys

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Yeah, go with Fords! I'd take ANY truck as long as it is a Ford, GM, or Dodge. I kind of like the Nissan Titans, but do't tell anyone that!