1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Considering Hiniker.

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Big Sid, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Big Sid

Big Sid Junior Member

I've never used a Hiniker. Lots of time with Boss & Western. Never any issues.
    2 friends love their Hiniker C's. The local dealer is sub-par. Good dealer is 2 hours away. Local Boss dealers are excellent. All regional dealers are expensive (compaired to what I'm seeing from you guys in the Mid West).
    I'm still on the fence between a V or a straight.
    Questions:
    Is the old Hiniker mounting system weak or problematic? Should I insist on the new style?
    Is the Hiniker V superior over a Boss V? Why?
    Since you cant put a flap on a C plow, how much snow are you loosing over the top of the blade?
    Any problems with the C blade?
    Thanks

2. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

There has been a few issuse with the forks breaking, Hiniker did change them for a reason. I know of several V's that have been used hard for a few yrs, and have had no issuse. The new hiniker VF's are a flared blade also.

Boss is a full trip, and I like the trip edge design better, to each his own.

3. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

I have a 12yr old Hiniker, and have had no problems with it. It still looks better than a lot of 2yr old plows I have seen for sale.

There are several people using Hiniker in my area. I have only heard of one person having trouble with the forks, but that would be operator abuse.

4. topdj

topdj Senior Member

If I was getting another straight blade, non c or non v I would be ok with the old style mount, but if I was getting a new V I'd want the new style. After owning 2 of them I noticed its important to drive into the forks straight and not abuse the plow. higher speeds into snow banks is quite stressful on any plow.

5. LushLawns

LushLawns Junior Member

My father has 15 Hiniker V-Plows that he has used for 8years or so with no issues. Thats saying something because his drivers have managed to tear up some sturdy trucks and the plows have held up beyond well. We just looked them all over and put them on their respective trucks for another round of torture testing. I'm sure they will all go out and come back with no issues as has been the norm.

I like Hinikers 9" Trip Edge. Love the wing stops, Controler is ugly but works well and is easy to use. I like the poly mullboards too. If you look at the construction on the back side of a hiniker V-Plow I think its a done deal they are built right.wesport