1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Considering HD14......

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by sprinklertitan, Jan 4, 2013.

1. sprinklertitan

sprinklertitan Junior Member

I'm considering a HD14 pusher, and was wondering if anyone out there who has one could give me some feedback as far as durability, maintenance, and over all performance. I see one lot locally that gets cleared with a sectional and the lot looks great, but just looking for some overall feedback.

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Ive got a 14 HD model .... I just replaced the cutting edges after 600+ hours (try that with a rubber edge pusher)...unlike the na sayers on here I havnt done any maint on any of my sectional units and they dont cost me any more to run then a traditional pusher minus the initial upfront cost.... but they save you a ton of money with salt and labor costs

3. sprinklertitan

What about the poly blocks? I understand the operator has a lot to do with it, but what kind of life can i expect out of those? and what is the cost associated with replacing one of those?

4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

My experience----- 4 years on the HD and no broken blocks (and we stack the banks higher then the loaders roof).... if you do break a block id say its about a 10-15 minute job to replace assuming you have another and the wrenches (its only 4 bolts).... ive got a few spares just in case and I think they cost about $50 per block. I bought them when I bought the HD pusher years ago so they might have gone up in price by now

5. sprinklertitan

Thanks for the feedback