1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Considering an MD75 for my tacoma

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by aloe, Dec 7, 2014.

1. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

Any experiences both good & bad are encouraged

2. BD1

BD1 Member

Loved mine, had no issues, plowed deep snow easily, put 400 lbs. of weight in back

3. BD1

BD1 Member

4. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

Looks good!! How bad did the front droop? I carry 200-400# of salt in the bed anyway. Just looking for something a little wider & a bit stronger/heavier than my homesteader. Also back dragging with homesteader sucks after 10feet.

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

The MD's are very good plows as long as you used them as they're intended to be used. If you're concerned about weight, I believe the Meyer LVD is about a hundred pounds lighter. But to me, when you cut that much weight off of a light duty plow, it speaks to reliability and stoutness.

6. BD1

BD1 Member

Drop wasn't bad, I did add timbrens as I got a good price on them

7. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

Yeah I see that as well as not having weight to scrape frozen over slush that bigger plows can do

8. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

Are timbrens springs that replace the TRD progressive rate could or an actual coilover replacement?

9. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

This 4th or 5th year with my MD. Been a great plow. I have had no issues to date. Just starting to see the corrosion on subframe, very little on the plow side. I power wash and spray down with Fluid film after every season. Has held up great. I've been playing with ballast and will run 600lbs this year more seems to really help. Snowdogg calls for way less.

Timbrens replace factory bump stop rubbers. Big rubber baby bumpers. Easy to install. I had the MD, first on a mountaineer and now on my dodge 1500. Drop in front is about an inch. The MD is heavier than your homesteader but it's still not an 800lb plow. The backdragging is ok. I added the optional backdrag blade. It helps but there's only so much you can do. I really like the MD75 for driveways performance /dollar cant be beat. If backdragging is your pain point I would suggest something with down pressure... Snoway but get your wallet out.

Going to pull my plow shoes up off the pavement this year and see if it helps with backdrag. Don't think it will but easy to do. If I tear up the yards then I'll drop em back in place.

That is if we get any snow....

Fickle Michigan weather....

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014