1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

considering a used sno-way for my 2012 F150

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ommegang, Feb 21, 2013.

1. ommegang

ommegang Senior Member
    from wi

Its a clear 2 y/o sno-way that mainly sat. He said he paid $2500. I can get it for a grand. Looking to put on my 2012 F150. Good deal? Good plow? I've olny plowed with reg plow b4 so, I don't know if these clear are reiliable. Only a couple of driveways plowed by myself. Input, appreciated.

2. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

You know snow way makes more than one model plow right?
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If it is a 26 series you will be fine. That is the only plow supported for your vehicle.

There should be a serial number on the aframe that starts with 26 than either a D or a G
  4. Snown13

Snown13 Junior Member

Go for it! If it's in good shape thats a great price. My first plow was a snoway 26 clear poly. I too was very skeptical at first but decided to try it. I can tell you it will surprise you. I hit a deer going approximately 50 with that plow on. Thought for sure it would be junk. The plow didn't even show a mark other than some hair stuck to it. If it has down pressure you will be very happy with it.
  5. Snown13

Snown13 Junior Member

Also you can change the skins (moldboards) on them for little money. Not sure the choice's now but I do know you can get steel.
  6. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

That could be a great buy. You could always resell it later.
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If it is a 26 you would have to buy a mount for it.
    Does the mounting hardware, subframe and harnesses come with it?
    If he bought it for $2500 two years ago I HIGHLY doubt he bought it new so it could be an older plow.
    If it is a 26 series with all the harnesses a grand is a great price if it is a 26 series without harnesses and grand is a good price.
    If it is anything but a 26 series walk away regardless of the price or look for a new vehicle to install it on.