1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Considering a Snow Way

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by KAG, Dec 17, 2007.

1. KAG

KAG Senior Member

but it looks like lots of problems.....I have my eye on a 29T w/remote and down pressure. I know every product has some problems but as I own a business I always stand behind my work and simply want folks to do the same.

I guess I want to know if its really that bad or just bad dealers or something

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Not sure what you mean by your statement "really that bad" ???

Where have you done your research for buying a plow...? I have a 29 straight full trip and I love it...no problems so far and everyone that owns one that I have heard of LOVES THEIRS TOO!!

My dealer in NH has been nothing short of fabulous...
  3. Sellncars

Sellncars Junior Member

What other company will give you a 5 year warranty?
  4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

meyer with the ROC. :cool:
  5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I'm curious what you mean as well. Sno-Way plows are gaining in popularity every year. Innovations like our patented hydraulic down pressure system make plowers more productive. Direct linkage lifting system allows for the highest stacking capability in the industry. Wireless controls mean flexibility on where you want to locate or mount your control. Lots of information on here to learn from, and if you do your research you will see that someone has had a bad experience with every brand plow on the market. Lots of satisfied Sno-Way customers out there.

Thank you for your interest in our products.
  6. KAG

KAG Senior Member

I was simply going by postings I read about dealer support and problems on here. I will admit the 29T poly I looked at was absolutely solid looking. I recently fell into snow plowing by accident and looking for a couple for my 3/4 and 1 tons. I am having blades custom made for my skid steers and tractors. Been hunting hard for blades for trucks and have it narrowed down to either snow ways or blizzards but I do like the down pressure. Very familar with down pressure from my dirt working experience.

The lead in was simply a chance to get the other side other than the problem postings......
  7. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

yep nothing better than a L90 with a little down pressure
  8. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

We manufacture skid steer plows also. You can check them out at http://www.snoway.com. Choose the snowplow link. Once on the plow home page you will see a link for skid steer plows. Choose it and enjoy. :waving:
  9. SE+C

SE+C Member

i have a 29 series on my chevy i love it especially the down pressure. it does a real nice job at cleaning up and getting through hard pack ice. i would definately buy another one. actually though about a 28v for my truck this year
  10. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

I just recently mounted a 8X29T (10 inch SS trip edge poly) on my SUV (tahoe). Trucks got plenty of power to back up the plow.. A few Thing's sold me this plow, Down Pressure,Trip Edge, very easy to mount/dismount..love it and the fact that for what you get its lighter then the rest..granted im still layin fram with the front of my truck..(timbrens installed and Torsion bars snugged up)......

Now for the not so happy about issues. For one, i dont like the fact that the plow goes straight to float mod. The second you HIT the down button it just drops, i used to use westerns/meyers and you had to hold the button down for 1sec. for it to go to float, or if you wanted to lower your plow slightly you just tapped the down button. Some of you may wonder why you would complain about this. The bigger issue being when driving, and for some reason if need be to lower your blad to cool down/adjust air flow, you'll hit the ground..not cool with a trip edge. Other being if you slowly want to chop into the ground, instead of skin it..(say if your plowing across lawn/gravel that has not froozen yet) you have to keep adjusting, if you dropped to low you gotta keep starting from the bottom up..(up down/up down annoying).

Now, the wireless remote...yes...its AWSOME when needed to hook up to the plow....i think i can get the blade hooked in under 30seconds with the wireless remote. The real bad part......the cold rocks on the batteries really hard. After a few days of some intense plowing they start to lose there strength, and the actual time between hitting the buttons to your plow, moving is delayed and may cause a HUGE inconvience when in a very fast motion. (think about when your tv's remote batts are going dead..you always catch yourself pointing at the tv......guess what ur doing with your wireless remote for your plow). To help aid this problem..for one..bring the remote inside at night when its cold. Also go to a store/ebay and buy a decent set of recharable batteries so you can save yourself money and time/hassle. (This way you can start with a fresh new set of batteries every other plow night/day..much more cost effective) Always carrie an extra set of batts with you and a phlips head screw driver to change incase of a problem. Also, I mounted my remote for ease of use with Velcrow to the center consol, so incase it doest fly around when plowing long paths.....

Sorry for the long reply tried to be as clear as possible,
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What, as bad as what? you have had negative experiences? you know someone who had a negative experience? Guys love their Snoways, I have guys running fleets of them. One customer has 8, another has 6 and still another has 9. That's only a few of the satisfied Professionals I know of using snow way products.

The wireless prefer quality batteries, the rechargeable batteries do not seem to hold up as well.
  12. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Snoway Problems?

I put a 25 series 9' ht (dp-wr) on my izuzu npr (14500# diesel dump) . I plowed the hell out of it through 4 seasons, commercial plowing! I never had a single serious problem. My brand new chevy was upfitted with an 8' 29 series tuesday 12 11 07, we got 12" of snow on 12 13 07 & another 9" on sunday 12 16 07! The new 29 worked like a mule for days, no problems, no regrets, sno-ways are great plows. I see more & more of them around now!
  13. Plowinpro03

I dont see any issue with using a high grade 2600mAH rechragable batt. It contains just as much power as a high grade batt, unless you go into the 10 dollar a pair Lithium batts. The concept of having recharge batts is to continuously change out so theres no guessing games of when the channel changer will stop working.
  14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

True, and the quality rechargeables are fine but there are a lot of CHEAP rechargeables that don't cut it.
  15. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

When I had the wireless remote I used a piece of elastic around my thigh and that kept it from moving and you don't have to reach so much. Just a thought.

Good luck to you this year!:waving:

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Hmmm...funny how one man's likes and dislikes are different than another's...I like the "one button drop" into float on my SnoWay...just what you're used to I guess...probably because it's my first plow too...lol
  17. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

This is my first year plowing, ever, I bought a SnoWay after reading & seeing a lot of them in my area, came across a great deal on a demo. Bought it and it has been "great".
    I'd buy another one tomorrow if I had to.

Good luck -------

18. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

I like it, I often adjust my plow while going down the road for air and such( I know your not supposed to and that you are supposed to use the cylinder stop). Quick question for you though. Does your plow drop really fast? Mine did that and I took it back to the dealer and told them to slow that thing down. They put a smaller orifice on the hydraulic hoses and now I can easily adjust. It did slow it down coming up as well, but it doesn't slam down any more either.

I actually just switched from wireless remote to joystick and mounted it on my shifter ( see pic below). I was having a lot of problems with other things interfering with my plow and causing unwanted things to happen, such as just randomly dropping while going down the road(back to the cylinder stop..:)...but it scared me putting that thing in with my fingers there and not knowing when the plow could drop:rolleyes:

Other than that I absolutely love my straight blade plow. 9ft 32 series. Works great, down pressure is awesome. Truly an awesome buy. I would highly recommend the poly as well. A lot of people worry about poking holes in it, but you'd have to hit something dead on to crack it.

19. Plowinpro03

If i just stuck to paved driveways..its not an issue. Some like the fast chop, i just never had an issue with having options. I guess it holds truth that you can't have everything in one, but this plow comes dam close.

Snowman--..I like the way you have that mounted...im not MTX tho, or that would work great..i gotta snap some pics to show have i have my remote mounted. I used to use my buddys F-250 MTX to plow with...man....that just adds so much more in the mix when your trying to hussle.
  20. rideh202001

rideh202001 Junior Member
    from vermont

Buy one

I just bought one and love it . You wont be sorry.