1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Considering a Salt Dawg...

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rcpd34, Feb 2, 2006.

1. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Any feedback? These have been out about 2 seasons now and I'm fed up with my SnowEx and thought I'd give this one a shot. Don't want to fool with a gas motor. Are these worth 3 grand?

2. BCLARK

BCLARK Member

They have some minor issues but otherwise work great. Do a search and you will find many posts on both sites.

3. bridge577

bridge577 Member
    from ohio

I was going to buy one this year but I don't like to buy any thing that new untill they get the kinks worked out. I have only seen one in my area.

4. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I have seen quite a few in my area and almost bought one myself. I decided to go with the Buyers Stainless 8' V-box for the same price instead. To me dealing with the gas engine wasn't that big a deal if you get the right engine. We went with the briggs instead of tecumseh and haven't had a problem yet from the two we bought. A friend also bought the same unit and he hasn't had any compaints either. For $3000 the stainless was bigger and seemed more durable. I do like the idea of the poly hopper but I have heard the vibrator has to run the entire time that you are spreading and it still has the potential to bridge. Like any snow or ice equipment you will have problems no matter what it is.