1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Conracts?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by BMPM, Oct 2, 2006.

1. BMPM

BMPM Member

Is it just me or is it harder to get people to sign contacts this year. I had 15 contracts last year all signed by Oct 15th This year I have 1 signed so far and my prices are resonable and I do excellent work ( according to all of my customers) The ones I had last year keep saying they'll sign but haven't yet. I think people are afraid to spend money? They wont get a invoice if there is no snow or ice. I'm loosin' my mind!!!!

2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Yep,

I have 2 signed thats it people are dragging there feet this year I agree.

RCGM

3. Kosty

Kosty Member

2 commerical lots one will let me know by the 15th one from last year is waiting to get back to me on the mini strip mall, about 25 or 30 residentials and have another 75 contracts sent out and call keep coming going for 200 res this year

4. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

I have 5 signed and 5 pending but I need 40...no commercial ones yet but that is my fault, haven't been pushing it yet. I'll probably only take 4 or 5 smaller commercial sites anyway.
    Lot's of interest but only the 5 signed and in the bank so far. Usually have my route closed by the Oct 15th, don't think that will happen this year. Man I shot myself in the foot taking last year off...lol

5. AlaskaShooTer

AlaskaShooTer Member

Signs of the time

My guess would be for those who are seeing a hesitancy from past customers to sign up for your contractual services is that their customers are seeing leaner times. A business owner has to make a living. Like you! When things are lean they have to decide what bills to pay and what bills to let slide. OR, this could be a sign of "Wimpy Winter Syndrome". Have a warm, low snow/ice winter or two and I'd guess (especially commercial accounts) they are hesitant to sign contracts for services that have not been necessary or critical in the last year or so.

With the increase in fuel costs this past summer some companies and households are feeling the times and are likely hesitant to sign commitment contracts for services over the next several months.

George
    Juneau, AK