1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

connection issues?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tattoofever, Oct 29, 2009.

1. tattoofever

tattoofever Member

i ahve a e 60 plow on my 96 dodge ram the engine compartment wires are 2 yrs old
    the out side wires are new as of last year they all worked fine until now.When i go to lift plow it shorts out controler left and right and down all work fine if i unplug the harnes or "jiggle"it around it will work but when it sits for a little bit it happens all over again
    i need to get this fixed before snow falls (hopefully soon)
    i assume its a bad connector or loose wire inside where they connect becaues thats where i can make things happen ,does anybody know what wire controls the up motion for the plow i figure if i can find a issues i can bypass the connector for that wire ?
    any advise would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

2. tattoofever

tattoofever Member

ok so it looks like its in the main harness connector ,there where a few terminals with a little rust and green corrosion ,i gave it a good cleaning and it seems to work fine ,so question id does anybody know what color wire controls the up on the plow ? i know i can find it by using a test light and having sombody push button for up by i dont want to put all kinds of hole trying to find the right wire ,it would be nice to know what wire could be giving me a issue so if it starts to act up during a storm (which is when everything does ) i could just run a seperate wire to bypass the bad one

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your red wire is your raise function.