1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Connecting salter to in cab fuse box???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by floriolandscape, Nov 11, 2011.

1. floriolandscape

floriolandscape Junior Member

I am trying to figure out where to plug in my salters wire connection in a 09 Gmc Sierra 3500 HD's in cab fuse box located beneath the steering wheel. The wire i am trying to connect can be seen on page 4 of the saltdogg manual link below, the GROUND wire has already been connected securely, its the wire that must be connected to a '12v DC power source controlled by vehicle ignition'. If anyone is familiar with the in cab fuse boxes of a 3500hd please help.
    I recently had a plow installed and they wired to connection #5 on the in cab fuse box.. can i use any vacant plug ins? if so which # will the wire in question require?

http://www.saltdogg.com/Instruction Sheets/3008005_Rev_A.pdf

any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. welder1122

welder1122 Senior Member

the reason they want you to connect it to the vehicl igniton is so you cant leave the sander on whith out the truck on,if you want you can run a line direct from the battery and into your cab, just put an inlline fuse on it,

3. LON

LON Senior Member

only place I've hooked to has been under the hood in fuse location 45 or 46. Don't remember which one.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

under the hood fuse box is your option.:nod:

5. floriolandscape

floriolandscape Junior Member

thanks, i appreciate the advice. I will have a look under the hood to explore my options.