1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Connecticut

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HD61CUIN, Dec 16, 2002.

1. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

I was just in CT last week for business, and I just wanted to say thanks! This was the first time in CT, you all did a wonderful job with the ice/snow storm that rolled through last week. I don't know where most of you are from and where you plow but if I happened across one of your accounts...good job!

I attended a seminiar at Honeywell/Notifier Co. in North Haven. I was in the state for a week. I visited many areas while in town, from a HD dealer west of New Haven to Hartford where I flew out. I visited many resturants off of I 91, while staying at Fairfield Inn at exit 15.

The adventurous type that I am ventured out that night of the storm for dinner rather than ordering a pizza in. The parking lots were top notch....felt like being back home. Execpt I would be salting/plowing. I have to say though there are alot of Meyers plows running around in your state....a change from the red Western and Boss plows here.

Will

2. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

theres tons of meyers dealers around here plus sub companies use them cause parts are cheap.im a western guy myself

3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

u say exit 15 off of 91 so you were in Meriden then ????

I plow in meriden and so does MDB he plows the mobil station on the end of bee street the road in which Fairfield suites is on.

I am also a non meyer guy meyer is a four letter word to me

Jay

4. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

good to here there are other western guys out there.i like fisher plows to but not as much as a western.

5. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

There is a heavy usage of sand out there, it was everywhere. I ate at Lido's off exit 16 the night it was snowing. There were quite a few plow trucks in the parking lot. Being from Chicago, I got to say your pizza out there ain't too good. At least at Lido's that is. Seafood now that is good out there!

6. a palustris

a palustris Member

HD- what you said about our pizza out here... them's fightin words. :nono:

7. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

Now,now,now I didn't have the chance to go to New York and have one of your pies. All I can say is the Sausage and Meatball large at Lido's...well we will leave it there. It looked like the meatballs and sausage got ran over by one of the plow trucks. Tasted like it too-heh he hee

8. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

Now now it all depends on where you go for pizza around here. Oh yeah and we do tend to use an excessive amount of sand out here. If we don't people don't think we did anything. If we just put down salt they think that the ice melted on its own. The sand is for "traction" AKA coloring!

9. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

hey HD61CUIN you shoulda told me i live right down the street oh and by the way i coulda told you LIDOS SUCKS THEY CANT MAKE PIZZA now Sal's down the street is good pizza. I think i should print these posts out and bring them to LIDOS to prove that i am not the only one who thinks his food sucks.

Jay

Hey next time your in CT let me know.

YES WE SEEM TO ENJOY SAND HERE TOO. Gov Roland decided to lay off all the DOT workers and buy a whole messa sand instead for the winter i guess.

10. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

sally's apizza or pepe's in new haven are the best.

11. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

hey a palustris, how about portofino's pizza in goldens bridge

12. turfguy

turfguy Member

pizza

Dont forget modern pizza in newhaven.....I think I sprouted a few notches on my belt there.

13. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Last spring when I was back in CT for the first time in 5years, I ate Louies<sp> lunch stop and then went to pepe's for my white clam.

MMMMMMMMM good.

14. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

Well I was at the Honeywell/Notifier school for a week. I had to loosen my belt, there was so much good food in your area. I enjoyed Dakotas...USS Chowder House near Hartford and a few others. I got a chance to visit Brothers HD, last minute xmas shopping. I really did enjoy my time there. The odd thing though, all the bars/resturants we went to we asked for an MGD...the response was.... huh? So we said Miller Genuine Draft? the response 9 outta 10 times was "we have Bud". There was a real nice bar in Wallingford near the train station we had many a good drinks there!

15. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Cherry St Station????

16. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

uuh the bar was some sort of irish place off of 5...think it was patties or fatties on the green?