1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

connecticut

Discussion in 'Weather' started by bakerc8, Dec 6, 2008.

1. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

will it snow at the shoreline tone in Connecticut

2. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

wegot a inch got to go have fun

3. Shawdogg

Shawdogg Junior Member

wow, this season blows so far !!!!!!!!!!!!! ofcoarse I decided to buy a plow this season and we haven't got squat yet..............Suppose it is still very early

4. CountryLC

CountryLC Junior Member

Was hoping for some snow out of this storm, but I guess not.

5. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

yes it is early in the season and i was hoping to at least get a few inches if not at least a salting event

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

pretty mucha a terencial down pour over here.

7. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare Member

Rain rain rain!!!!

8. Shawdogg

Shawdogg Junior Member

Let's keep the fingers crossed.....looks like our next chance for snow could be Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!

9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

in nj it will prob be 45 days b4 we get anyhting worth mentioning

10. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

I plowed sand sanded commercial accounts on the 12-07 storm haven't gotten anything but rain since.

11. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Its pretty pathetic to have to hope to get a wintry mix (forecast for next Wednesday) but its still early in the season. If we can squeak out 5 or 6 more pushes thats right around average. I pushed everyone on the 7th as well. Anything before Christmas is a bonus around here (southwest CT).

12. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

5 or 6 more? An average season for central CT is about 10-12 pushes. note, that we havent had a normal season in about 4 years. We were lucky to go out 5 times last year. Im with you though, if mother nature will only give us 5, ill take it.

13. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

you pushed everyone on the 7th? is that all commercial or residential?
    if i plowed any of my residentials for a 1 inch storm they'd probably be looking for a new plow guy...

14. Shawdogg

Shawdogg Junior Member

WOW that storm on the 7th left us with a dusting in Ellington!!!!!!!

15. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

I would be looking for another plow guy.

16. austin23

austin23 Junior Member

17. FordFisherman

from 06611

You're right... wouldn't push any resis for an inch. We had 3'' on the 7th and my commercials are 1" trigger. Too bad you guys missed outpayup. End of this week could be something brewing.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  18. Weatherwizard

Weatherwizard Member

I made a prediction that there would be no plowable snow before X-Mas, and everyone laughed at me. Well guess what, they aren't laughing now, because there won't be any.

19. FordFisherman

from 06611

Yeah, you guys always get more snow up there. Seems like the rain/snow line runs thru my front yard.

20. FordFisherman

from 06611

If I didn't plow they'd be looking for another plow guy, but thanks for the input there cheif:salute:. I know that most of the state hardly got any snow but lower Fairfield County picked up btw 2-4 inches. Most of my buddies from the area got in a full push too. payup