1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Connecticut storm for tomorrow?? Sunday (1/3/10)

Discussion in 'Weather' started by ctplowing, Jan 3, 2010.

1. ctplowing

ctplowing Junior Member

To my surprise, I just read this from weatherunderground.com...

"Sunday
    Snow. Areas of blowing snow. Total snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Windy and cold with highs in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent. Wind chill values as low as..."

No other weather service around here has announced this.

2. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

that should tell you something

3. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

Weatherbug and Weatherforyou are saying the same thing

4. bad72blazerct

bad72blazerct Junior Member
    from CT

right now in Berlin we just have wind thats kicken up the snow. i havnt heard anything from who i plow for so.

5. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Tell us what......Its going to snow??? :laughing: Snowing now and the wind is brutal.

6. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

some body told me 4" in Danbury:cry:

7. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Its been snowing on and off since new years. Never really had enough to plow but lots of salt runs

8. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

at least you making money

9. MCL Landscaping

MCL Landscaping Member
    from SE CT

Im getting phone calls cause the snow is driving into my accts. I heard 4-8 inches

10. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Snowing all day so far. Wind is wipping around. I am just going to go out at 3am and check everyone late tonight.

11. dchr

dchr Senior Member

Going to take the same approach-weather guesser's are all over the place and haven't been right about the weather since Thursday on this storm. Snowin' and blowin' in Ansonia right now-about an inch or so on the ground of new powder-hard to tell though.

12. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

This a tuff one to plow or not:dizzy:

13. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I've never seen so many guys with pickup trucks and blades just driving around in circles today, hardly any of them had salters either so I don't know what they were doing? We got a whopping 3/4" here. going out overnight to salt a few. not much else to do.

14. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

I just got a call from a customer asking me to plow thier driveway (steep hill) they wanted to grab some food. So because they are the best (residential) payer's I took care of them. Took a look at a few commerical accounts made a few passes on drifts but I am definately going out at 3am and hitting all commercial accounts plow back all drifts and salt.

15. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

I don't salt my customers are not interested in salting. We had a little snow Yesterday and some Today but I don't think it is still enoff to go out.

16. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

every body out plowing:dizzy:

17. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

sitting on my ass watching TV actually :)

18. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

same here....:D

19. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Yup hitting the sack now. Going out at 3am. Snowing pretty good now!

20. dchr

dchr Senior Member

Gonna grab a few hours of shut eye before going out early am to start-still snowing here:dizzy: