1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Connecticut Blizzard. 12/26/2010

Discussion in 'Weather' started by KoolAidMan888, Dec 26, 2010.

1. KoolAidMan888

KoolAidMan888 Member

Went out once already to see what the conditions were.. Wow town and state roads are Bad. But there trying.. i cleared my Lot and my drive ways i have to say im proud of my 2002 F250 5.4 with the Meyers C series 8ft plow.

There predicting close to 2 feet of snow tonight. supposed to end tmrw some time.

Good luck Boys

2. Mr. Horsepower

Mr. Horsepower Member

Slow start down here in Westchester County NY. Been snowing since 1PM but only about 4" on the ground at 7PM,

I went out and did a first pass on the 3 driveways I do as I did not want to wake up at 5AM with 18" on the ground and work with a truck / plow combo I had never plowed with.

Everything was pretty much as expected, traction is great, the wider / higher HTS plow is much better in the open area's and not as easy to manuover in tight area's. The HTS does vibrate alot more than my poly plow did (scraper / blade harmonics)

I do wish I had listened to the dealer and installed the leveling kit in the front of my Tahoe as the lower plow bracket scrapes the road as a steep driveway meets the street.

Its really coming down hard here now - 2"+ per hour.

Here is some video, it lost quite alot of resolution in the upload. Good pictures / video in the morning......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68SMiH4TQWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdtoqHLgswM

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  3. Precision21

Precision21 Junior Member

on 2 feet how many times will you go out

4. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Will you guys stop playing with my emotions and LOAD some PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want some of that after new year.

5. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

I'm with 496 BB on this one - We need to live vicariously through you guys!!!. We've only seen a light dusting here in central ohio (northern Cols)

:)

6. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Depends on how your contract is setup.

7. KoolAidMan888

KoolAidMan888 Member

Well i have a decent sized lot to plow and a couple drive ways.. I have gone out twice now. on the second run half way through the snow slowed alot. a break in the storm its not 1am i plan on waking up for 7am and being out again for 8. i think i have plows about a foot maybe a little less. the wind is crazy, i guess there were some trees and lines down . down the street but i have power and havent seen anything so idc,

i will take some pictures tmrw morning and a couple vids and post them for you guys..

8. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Man I wish I could do 8 hour shifts.....

9. Mr. Horsepower

Mr. Horsepower Member