1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Connecticut 12/21/08

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Jaspell, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Jaspell

Jaspell Member
    from 06117

We got about 8 inches Friday and maybe another 4 today. All gone with the help of my 900 dollar eBay special (including plow...)

snow-12-21-08 001.jpg

snow-12-21-08 003.jpg

snow-12-21-08 007.jpg
  2. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

sweet! watever works right 900 bucks thats the way to go, i paid 300 for mine on craigs list
  3. GTLS

GTLS Member

$900 for the plow and the truck?!?!?!
  4. Jaspell

Jaspell Member
    from 06117

Yeah, the plow was sitting in the bed of the truck. I asked the guy if that came with it and he said, yes. What am I gonna do with it...

To be fair, i did have to buy 4 tires, 2 gas tanks and an exhaust but the truck only has 97,000 miles and runs great so i think I'm ahead of the game...
  5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Very nice truck and plow.
  6. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

For 900 how could you say no? Looks good.

7. jayrock

jayrock Junior Member

plows snow just like a 30,000 truck oh and no payment
  8. golfstud88

golfstud88 Member

NO PAYMENTS ARE THE WAY TO BE. Smart business!!!!!
  9. Johnnay Boy91

Johnnay Boy91 Member
    from MASS

thats what i did with my f-250 custom 1989 though $1200 spending a lot on it though to make sure its more than just a solid truck.
  10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

good deal you found there. hope it lasts a while for you.
  11. GTLS

GTLS Member

I would have taken that deal any day! You definately stole that. Any reason why the guy sold it that cheap?
  12. Jaspell

Jaspell Member
    from 06117

The guy that won the auction bid 1300 or so but he renegged on the deal. I was the next highest guy at 900 so he offered it to me as an eBay 2nd chance offer. I accepted. When I went to pick up the truck (the guy is a small time used car dealer north of Boston) the MM1 was in the bed. I asked him if that was included and he said yes, what am I going to do with it.

There are a ton of well priced early 90's trucks, many with plows, on ebay motors. You just need to know what you are getting into, be prepared to spend a few bucks to make it run the way you want, and be happy with the deal you get. Look at what's out there, choose carefully on the creampuffs that are there and you will do fine. For a 14 year old truck, it def. gets the job done.
  13. Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday Member

Great deal...........Looks good.