1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Confusing installation

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Trails End Lawn, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Trails End Lawn

Trails End Lawn Junior Member

i was up at the dealers today to get the mount and buy the wiring for my new 7'5 Western pro plow. i wanted to get it installed. it had come off of a 03 2500hd chevy and im putting it on a 04 chevy 2500. They said all the parts should be the same. When i got there they told me it was going to be $1200.00 to install all that i needed. I did get eveything thats attached to the plow and pump and the mount. i know i need the wiring harness but what else is there?

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Were are the mounts and wiring from the 03',they should be the same thru 04'.Exactly what parts do you have now?

3. Trails End Lawn

i have ....

i have the mount, the blade, the motor on the blade with the wires for that, the controller and thats it.

4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like you need

Truck undercarriage. ( If you don't have the old one)

Truck main wiring harness.

Plow - truck light adapter.

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Truck side wiring will run $500-$700,ask them for a breakdown of what they are selling you,this leaves approx $500 for labor which is a little steep for a remount(at least around here)

6. Trails End Lawn

i have

i have the truck under carriage and also i dont want the light adapter because all that does is allow you to have brights on your plow lights i just dont need that. but i found a place that does it for $400 thats the wiring harness and all wiring installed on the truck. :redbounce