1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Confused??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Okay, I was cleaning out my Silverado today,and I stumbled across this wiring harness. It has a fuse taped to it as well. I am kinda confused as to what it is. It looks like something for a trailer brake controller. If it is, where does it plug into?? My truck does have the trailering/towing package on it. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

2. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

It's the harness for a gooseneck setup. Most other guys don't know they got'em either

3. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

It plugs in under drivers side dash and is for an electric brake controller so you do not have to hack into factory harness, there should have also been a tag for wiring schematic on it, if not i can fax or email you a copy of it.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I see the schematic for it now. Thats kinda cool

5. Fuse goes in position #1 in under hood fuse center. I will "liven" the 12v battery power at trailer harness at back of truck.