1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Confused on Wiring

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Rangr25, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Rangr25

Rangr25 Junior Member

So i'm attempting to hook up the truck side wiring on my 2000 chevy 2500 today and I got everything hooked up except the headlights where I have gotten a little confused ok so a lot of confused. I am at a total loss cause I have never even seen one hooked up before. I bought everything from someone who had a ford so I didn't think the pigtails for his headlights would work for mine but when I called the local boss dealer they said that there all the same... is that true? and if so can I please get some help on how they hook up? THANKS!!!

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

The control kit wiring harness' are all the same. No matter what truck and what Boss plow. You may need some headlight adaptors. What style headlights do you have?

3. Rangr25

Rangr25 Junior Member

The Low beam is 9005 and highs are 9006 lights and the other number I saw was HB3 HB4

4. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

You will need the MSC04601 Boss headlight adaptors. You should be able to buy them for around $50.

5. Rangr25

Rangr25 Junior Member

Thanks for the assistance Kevin!

6. Rangr25

Rangr25 Junior Member

also is it the same adaptor since I have the 11 pin wiring harness for an RTII I realized I didnt mention that earlier

7. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

i am pretty sure they are the same.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No the 11 pin headlight adapters are different. For that you need p/n MSC03448 if it's a classic body truck or p/n MSC04292 if it's a Silverado bodied truck.

9. Rangr25

Rangr25 Junior Member

Ok so I have finally got all my wiring and most of it is hooked up correctly I think but I'm not real sure about how to hook the solenoid up... Cause right now when I try using the plow all that happenes is the solenoid clicks but no power to the plow.. Are there any Diagrams for the 11 pin setup? Also I have no power at all to the plow, lights and all??? PLEASE HELP :confused:

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like your missed a ground point...

Here's a manual with the 11 pin diagram: Page 9