1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

confused on produce..

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by stillen, Sep 12, 2009.

1. stillen

stillen Senior Member

Found a Stainless 8 foot blade on CS... I emailed the seller, he just moved into house and PO left it behind, sold it with house, didnt have truck to move it... I asked seller to send me pic, but they cant get to a camera. They described it to me and it doesn't appear to be a "X" blade..... Now I'm confused... I thought all Stainless blades were "X".... Was there a regular 8 foot straight blade that is a stainless moldboard but not in the "X" flavor???

Thanks Mike

meant to say "confused on products"

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

a snowdog maybe? they make stainless plows. you should ask him for a the name off a label or tag.

3. stillen

stillen Senior Member

ooo its def a Fisher, just looks to be a stainless straight blade, not a "X" blade, he siad it has vertical ribs, and all

4. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Could just be a painted plow.... Ive seen a painted Fisher Hd that looked quite similar to a SS X Blade...

5. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

HD's were never produced in stainless.The previous owner could have had a piece of stainless rolled and used that to reskin the moldboard or like shane said maybe silver paint.

6. stillen

stillen Senior Member

heres a pic of an identical one ... doesnt appear to be "X", from the front, i cant see the back..... seller says it has verticle ribs

3k53pf3l05Od5Qe5Pd99a0e021ad1933a1f4f.jpg

7. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Stainless plow

Could be the Patriots Super bowl champions edition I believe that it is painted to look like a stainless blade i believe.

8. SuperdutyShane

Thats an X blade. Look at the attack angle. I think SnowAndIceMan might be right because now that I think about it the patriots superbowl plows were painted to look stainless. Ask him if it has a Patriots emblem on the right side of the blade :p

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Quite possable, good call. comparing it to the photos on the Fisher site I would agree with you.

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sure looks like an X-blade to me, the moldboard is fastened with bolts at the top.

Definitely not the Patriots plow, it was a welded frame/moldboard. That would have been my comment if not already posted.

Actually, the X has both vertical AND Diagonal bracing, vertical on the ends, X in the middle. I thing the Home Owner is a little confused. Do they have a cell phone with a camera?

11. SuperdutyShane

If the blade is fairly new enough you could even ask him how much he payed for it and you could figure out if it was an X Blade just by the price of it... Idk, that might be hard though. Demand a picture :salute:

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The seller didn't buy it. It came with a house he bought.

13. SuperdutyShane

Yes. I just re read the post and realized. My mistake.

14. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

i think you should link the ad I will go check it out for you

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's an X without question....

16. stillen

stillen Senior Member

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP.........

To all who need to think twice about something that "MIGHT" be a good deal..... take my advice.... JUST DO IT........ Seller sold unit 1 hour before I called her back. She said she needed to move the unit so they could let the moving truck in...... OK here is where I am now mad at myself.... IT WAS an Xblade, and she sold it for $400 dollars to the guy who picked it up. She said the guy who bought it said it wan't worth more then $500 used. I told the lady she was lied too and she easily could have gotten $3500......... I told her she got taken... She didn't know the value..... CRAP CRAP CRAP.... i think i'm going to go drive off a cliff now.....(in my wifes car),

17. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I hate people that do things like that not Knowing the value ! ! ! ! ! ! !

18. stillen

stillen Senior Member

The thing that gets me is ... When i spoke to seller , I asked her to look and tell me if there were "X's" in the back of the unit. She said no, but then she asked "where"... She must have thought i meant X stickers or decals.... She asked if that made the unit less money, and i said "no its a little more valuable".... and her reply was, " I just need to get it out of here fast" If I found out it was the Xblade when I got there i easily would have offered her a minumum of $2500. They didn't have a truck to move it and it was in their way. I found out the Previous owners had lost the house in foreclosure, had their vehicles taken back by the bank.... They were forced to move back to Germany with their family. The seller said the Plow was there at least a year after the home was vacated... YUP just my luck......

19. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

you snooze u loose every time!

20. SuperdutyShane

Thats absolutely ridiculous... Im actually sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can find another deal... However, how happy is that guy that bought that blade...