1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

confused by forecast all year? The weather network

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Kirby ent, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

Ok here is the forecast for this week. They are calling for sunny days and some days with chance of flurries with low POP's but they are calling for lots of snow all of those days. All month there has been lots of days with sun and zero pop and 5 -10 cms expected. I cannot figure out what they are forecasting sun or snow? Are they claiming its going to snow during the nights on those days or are the totals for snow a glitch? I have been watching and recording all year and they are so innacurate that I can't even figure out what they are trying to forecast here?
    By the way the weather network is polar opposite to enviornment canada . Enviornment Canada has nothing until Wednesday(periods of snow)

If anyone has a clue thanks.

Long Term Forecast Updated: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 14:00 CST
    Dec. 29 Tuesday
    Dec. 30 Wednesday
    Dec. 31 Thursday
    Jan. 1 Friday
    Jan. 2 Saturday
    Jan. 3

Cloudy periods A few flurries A few flurries A few flurries Variable cloudiness Cloudy periods
    P.O.P. 10% 40% 40% 40% 20% 20%
    High -13°C -12°C -16°C -14°C -25°C -9°C
    Low -19°C -26°C -29°C -23°C -37°C -28°C
    Wind SE 10 km/h NW 25 km/h SE 20 km/h NW 35 km/h NW 25 km/h SE 20 km/h
    24-Hr Snow 5-10 cm close to 1 cm 5-10 cm 5-10 cm - 1-3 cm
  2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Its just a computer based forcast, everytime a new model run comes out the forcast changes! 5-7 day forcast are always changing! You would think with all the weather tech improvements we would have a better idea, its all just a crap shoot!:dizzy:
  3. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

Yes I understand its changing all the time but I don't understand why they are calling for sun with 10 cms?
    Go to the weathernetwork and look at forecast for Estevan Saskatchewan right now. They are calling for sunny days ahead with 5-10 cms everyday. Like WTF, which is it? Sun or snow?
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The way I understand it is the picture is for the daytime and the snow is for the 24 hour period. That might be overnight snow. I try not to look to far in advance.