1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Confirm my thought on quadrant plate

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by just me, Dec 2, 2009.

1. just me

just me Member

I have my 8' pro unimount all apart to replace the loose pivot bolt. Well, it turned into a much bigger problem. There is a broken plate that I think goes on top of the A frame to sandwich it. Then the spacer sits on top of that ? It came out that way but someone's been in here before and could have it wrong.

The holes are all hogged out on the quad and the A frame.

and cracked

and the quad is BENT from a hell of a hit on the left side !!!

I have a LOT of welding, grinding and hole re-sizing ahead of me. I had to use the gas wrench to remove the front cylinder bolts, so I get buy them and the pivot pins for the back and headlight frame. They are all worn out of round and bent. WHY do I keep buying used junk ???
  2. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

FOR FUN! Would not want to be bored would we?
  3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Just me;

Sorry to say, the plow was wobbling and never tighten down again. I went through the same thing,The "A frame" had the same crack as your "a frame". I had to have the "nose plate" weld, grind and re-drill..The pivot bolt that goes through the bottom, up through the nose plate, then through the (i will call it) the second plate, was oblong. And the same with the top and bottom holes.I had all three holes redone. The top hole I had a washer welded on for more strength. The inside plate on my plow had a crack weld. My advice, check all the welds, especially around the nose plate.When you put it back together, before you put the nut on the pivot bolt, put some lock tight on it. Then tighten the bolt were the plow turns back and forth snug, real snug. The quad was probably bent because the inside plate broke loose from it weld and put all the pressure on the quad.