1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Configuring the plow for my new suspension.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by BlindViper, Feb 1, 2011.

1. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

My plow was mounted on my truck in 98 or 99 it was a f250. I recently did a straight axle conversion and it raised the front about 3". Can you guys tell me what I should look at on the plow to see if it needs to be changed?

2. hightop

hightop Member

Is it a unimount? If so, the lower mount hole should be around 10" from the ground, with the plow sitting on the ground.

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Absolute bottom line regardless of any instructions you may read, the priority is to have the A frame as close to parallel to the ground as possible! If it's an ultramount (except for HTS) there are four options (for holes) for the swivel pins through the swivel plates. The insallation booklet shows the range of each of the four options. You measure from the ground up to a spot on the vehicle mount (see booklet) then you look it up in the table. If it is a straight blade thats all there is but if it's a V plow there will be a second, fine adjustment on the vehicle end of the A frame. Either bolts that fit into one of three holes or a bolt and adjustable wedge.

V plows must have the A frame parallel to the ground when the blade is on the ground or you will find that the cutting edges will wear down unevenly. The outside and inside edges of each wing's cutting edges will wear faster than the middle.

http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdf/28270.00_070105.pdf see page 9

This is the basic configuration, the link is to an MVP but it is the same for all ultra mounts.

Note that you may have to change the position of the split pins in your dismounting feet. There is another table for that there too. If the feet are extended too far you won't be able to lock them down. If they are retracted too far they won't touch the ground when you push them down.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  4. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

The which hole ? the hole on the truck side mount where the a-frame attaches?

Do you know where the install is on the site for the unimount mvp's?

5. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

I found it thanks for the help as always !