1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Confessions of a lowballer

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by thelettuceman, Dec 4, 2011.

1. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

My business consist of snow plowing, junk removal and other minor odds and ends. I took a junk removal job yesterday and bid low to get the work. I got the work and cut corners to get the job done.
    Now my conscience is bothering me because I know I can do better and take pride in my work.
    I wanted to make sure that I posted in this forum for all to see. I have never bid low before and I won't do it again. Do not cheapen your"brand", your company name, yourself.
    If a lowballer gets the work you had, don't worry, there is a good chance you will be called back to clean up the mess.
    I am certainly open for criticism. I learned my lesson.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's it,I'm boycotting lettuce at diner from now on!

3. thelettuceman

Why ... you can get it for under market value ... lol

4. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Did you make money?
    Was the customer happy?

We all make mistakes, the main thing is that the mistake does not cost you money...

Junk removal? are you refering to metal? if so how do you get people to pay you to clean it up, here you have to buy it from people.

5. thelettuceman

Around these parts, you can remove the metal for free and do not have to pay the customer. Yes, I made money but certainly not worth low balling for. I doubt the customer was happy.

6. grandview

Go to church and give all the money you made on this job and pray for strength to raise your price next time!! :)

7. thelettuceman

Grandview: Good Advice ... The strength will be there ... You must have missed that smart ass comment I made about you in another thread. I was waiting for you to verbally ambush me.

8. grandview

Give me a clue,I'm smart assed in a lot of threads!

9. thelettuceman

The thread about the 18 or 19 year old in Ill. with 3 trucks a store front and landscaping business.I threw a verbal jab in your direction.

10. grandview

ok.that one.

11. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I've been wanting to help you out with your dilemma & this is the best I could come up with so far... I figured you should have at least 2 options though.Thumbs Up

So there's this one... And, ekhemm...that one:

jim_bakker2.jpg

confessional-santiago-cathedral_37522_600x450.jpg

12. grandview

Go with #2,this way you don't have to look at them!

13. thelettuceman

coldcoffee .....LMAO

14. grandview

I need to go to confession now. I just looked again and had a dirty thought with that pix!