1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CT18fireman, Jan 30, 2002.

1. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Just wanted to let people know that CONEX the CT equipment show is scheduled for next week Feb 6-7. Wondering who might attend from Plowsite. Last year there was some excellent exhibits.
  2. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

Where is it? And when is it(times)?
    I would love to go, but from the 6pm weather, looks like I will be kinda busy for a day or two.
    I know that this won't be directly interfering with the show, unfortunatley, it will set my work schedule back a few days.

Also, who/what was there last year?

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Got my free pass in the mail last week.

I'll be there Wednesday barring any snow storms. Anyone else?
  4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I will be there Weds as well.

it is from noon to 8pm Wed and Thurs and the CT expo center in Hartford, CT
  5. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I'll be there thursday from like 4:30pm or so on dependng on traffic. It's mostly the same stuff every year, but get to see some new stuff and get some samples. The whelen display is always something to look forward to. the patriots cheerleaders are also another reason.

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i got my pass too. i will probably be there around 12:30 thursday. its usually a really great show.
  7. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Got my pass also but not sure which day I'll be there. First year for me.

8. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

Wednesday for me.
  9. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

If the Patriots win the Superbowl they may have something better to do in the middle of the week. Maybe a victory parade or something like that.

I will still be at CONEX
  10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

How far is that from Danbury and where are you guys getting your passes?
  11. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

It's just north of Hartford, only a short distance up 91. So, that should be about 45 min or so from Danbury I would think.
  12. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

From Danbury you continue east on I-84 for about an 50 minutes to an hour. Go to the website you may be able to still register.
  13. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I have my passes as well. I am going to try and tie it in with seeing the Phontom of the Opera at the Bushnell that night as well. That way I get culture and a play. The wife outta really like this idea.
  14. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I just read the entire list of exhibitors, this must be one huge building to house them all! Does everyone have product displays? It sounds a lot better than the one we have in White Plains.
  15. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I have been to the show in White Plains. The CONEX show is much better IMO. It is in a very large exhibition center. I encouraged you to come.
  16. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

you guys ever come to the mascon show in boston? key pro does that one too
  17. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

How was the show. I was unable to attend this year, was there anything of particular interest ??
  18. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I was a little disappointed there wasn't more lawn equipment there, I'm shopping for a new Z this season. I still managed to collect two bags of literature.

Stuff that caught my eye:

Polaris is making a small tracked skid steer about the size of the smallest ASV (is it the 30?)

Komatsu is introducing two new skid steers, though I wasn't that impressed with them.

There was a relatively small articulated site truck with the dump mounted on a turntable similar to what the railrod uses so you can dump the load to the side of the truck

I'm going to start a thread on the LED lights I saw at the Whelen booth, so look for that.

I got screwed up at the 84/91 interchange, between trying to figure out which lane to be in, looking out for the cars flying past me, and watching the SWAT guys and hovering police helicopter (some nut with a gun was loose in the Capitol), I missed the exit. It took me 1/2 hour to get turned around and back to try again.:confused:
  19. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

hey pelican. on february 28th the connecticut grounds keepers have a show at the hartford civic center. i went last year and it was great. if youre shopping for a Z you should definately go. all z riders, walk behinds, trailers and landscape trucks. a real good show.
  20. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Thanks! Any place you can pre-register? I ought to be able to find the place this time!:D