1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Conex 2003

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pelican, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

The 2003 Connecticut Construction, Municipal and Landscape Expo will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 5 and Thursday Feb, 6, noon til 8pm both days. Location is the Connecticut Expo Center in Hartford Connecticut.

You can pre register at Keypro , but be aware there's a cut off date on that.

I went last year, there was a good mix of equipment displayed, but most was geared towards the heavy construction field. There were a few snowplow displays there and a few landscape equipment dealers too. Also quite a few landscaping materials dealers were there asd well.

2. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I'll probably be there thursday the 6th, weather depending. My friend who had a plow exhibit there last year won't be there this year. It was too much work for him running around and stuff.

Should be a good mix of stuff as usual,

Bryan

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

ill be there on thursday. usually is a really good show.

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

If you can't make this one the masscon will be in March around the 14th but you can check date at keypro to they do this show too.

5. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I will be there on Thursday also.

Gene

6. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

I was there also last year,,, will probably try for thur too.... hope to see some of you up there

Pete

7. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

Been going to that show for years. Will be there again this year. I seem to migrate to the backhoe dealers then sit and dream. This year I have to finsih a negotiation with one of the salesman from W.I.Clark,

8. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

I will be there I do not know which day yet.

9. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I will be there as well. I need to touch base with some vendors.
    Dino

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

There have been a number of recent threads here regarding auxillary lighting. Both Whelen and AW Direct had booths there last year offering show specials. AW Direct even gave you a coupon for 10% off any order. Might be worth waiting for.

11. nulawndog

nulawndog Junior Member

I'll be going. Looks like I'll be goibg to NJ also

12. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

I'm going also thursday. now that have a place to keep one and and cash, i will look at a trailer. all i need to do is choose between a ford or chevy!2500

13. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

going tomorrow, can't go on Thursday show. Maybe will run into someone while there. I wear a black baseball type cap that reads VHFCN in gold letters. I will be with two other guys, both are uglier than me, so, we'll be easy to pick out of the crowd.

14. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

Just came back from Conex show. Two Kubota dealers set up, one NH showing a TC45 and one Kioti DK40, tons of other excavators, loaders, backhoe's etc. This year was more single exhibitors instead of eqipment exhibitors. Last year, many more trucks, of all sizes to include landscape/plowing/etc. Show was OK, not as good as some past years but not as bas as others either. Still worth going especially if you're in the market for sepcific items.

15. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Is there anywhere close by to eat other than McDonald's?

Diner, Wendy's, Arby's,other?

16. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I went to the show tonight as well and thought it was pretty good. I have not gone in the past, so I have nothing to compare it to. I will say, however, that the majority of "stuff" on display was heavy equipment. Ranging from skidsteers to large excavators. I saw most major brands there. There were also a quite a few booths offering the usual, support type stuff. Oils, Insurance, parts, tools, safety equipment (saw displays from both Whelen and Sho-Me) Also, a lot of screeners, some chippers, mulch blowers, sweepers, pavers etc. Very little in the way of trucks / plows. There were 2 Chevy dealers, on had a lo-pro with an X Blade on it and that was the only plow I saw. Also on display was a Mack, Peterbuilt, and a Freightliner delivery van. No sign of Ford or Dodge.

17. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

Rob,
    the show started out years ago for municipalities and equipment. Over at the civic center. Over the years it has expanded greatly to include more and more of the small business or single owner operator types. The first year is was at expo, I think this is the 4th year now, first year that place was loaded with trucks. More snow plows, spreaders than you can imagine. The big construction screeners and stuff has always been there right from day one. This is where we first stsrted renting powerscreens for our winter sand. I went specifically to see crushers and to see the new Volvo backhoe. I also wanted to see what compact tractorws were there. As you said, very few if any class one/two trucks and plows. You'll have to start going each year, and some you'll see much more than others. It is a good show regardless what they have each year and I hope more of you can attend in the future.

18. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i think mainly the reason not as many trucks are there, because in september they hold a strictly truck show, so many vendors just save the trucks for that show. i just got back from connex, and i loved the 4500 chevy with the x blade. that new bobcat utility vehicle looks like a real hot set up too. good show overall

19. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

I forgot about Sept truck show. The early conex shows had tons of trucks. Of course it was geared to municipalities and construction companies. I guess it still is, although today, they've added much more especially in smaller equipment.