1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

condos

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by terrapro, Oct 28, 2009.

1. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I just got the word I am a shoe in for this place. I know its late but I will make it work if the numbers fit. Well I havent clocked out the miles yet for the road and walks but what do you guys think of this place?

Road plowed, all the drives, walks, and complex. Liquid on the road and lot and peladow for the sidewalks.

Includes mowing for 52wks.

I will clock it out tomorrow.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....620768,-83.927565&spn=0.004003,0.006856&z=17

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  2. terrapro

from MI

No "stupid newbie posts", darn I was really trying too. I guess I could poke fun at myself.

3. terrapro

from MI

$100 per push, salt free with 12pack of donuts on every porch by 6AM. AND free gutter cleaning.

4. terrapro

from MI

$100,000,029 per yr including salt and free hot air ballon rides plus free stir straws for the coffee! wesport

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Somewhere in that range. You still running the '74 Datsun 2 wd? Should be a piece of cake.

6. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Looks like a pretty good size complex . What do they want included in their bid????grass, fertilizer, weedspray, fall clean up, plowing, salting, shoveling. $450 just for plowing would be my estimate.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Tell them you'll bill them later after you figured it out.

8. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

$450 for plowing Really ??? WOW and just after you said it was a pretty good size complex!!
    You got 56 drives alone!! 3-5mins average per drive for a skid loader to do. ( some drives quicker some drives longer just a average boys and girls!:p)= 3-4hrs alone, right there is $400, $100 per hr is average for a skid laoder down here. Road 2-3 hrs depending where your piling snow?? is another couple bills and that just for the townhomes that's not counting the roads in or out and the main office building above the townhome's parking lot, and not salting or sanding the rds, crap load of sdwks & stoops to be cleared off!!
    Heck we'd be over $1000 just for plowing!! close to another $700 for liquid. My 2 cents that property would& should go for over $2k easy around here!! but that $'s out the window this year with all the hacks putting blades on thier trucks and calling themselves snow plowing contartors this year!!:realmad:

9. terrapro

from MI

I didn't get a chance to clock it out, busy with cleanups. It reeally isn't as big as it looks in the pic.

I meant the mowing was included in the 52wk bid not mowing for 52wks, not in MI anyway.

I haven't decided if I want to put a bobcat on it yet or not. I might have a smaller bobcat for the walks that will help with the drives when needed. Or put two trucks on site and just have another 2stage blower.

I will probably have a 1ton rigged for liquid and a 3/4ton for the plowing then a couple guys with 2stages and shovels for the walks. I expect be there for 4hrs with this setup, maybe a few more to finish the walks and fine tune.

Haven't really decided yet but have until Nov 1st.

10. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

I'd be willing to bet i'd be right in the ballpark around here maybe even a little high. recession has everone and their brother with a plow on their truck. Been told by two property managers the pricing has gotten even tighter this year.

11. StormRanger

StormRanger Member
    from NorEast

2650/plow w/salt
    450/mow