1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

condos

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johnnyusa, Jan 26, 2016.

1. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

Do you guys shovel around cars that are left in driveways and the roadways at a condo site of around 55 units?

2. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

they have garages but some people have 2 or three cars

3. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

No. If they want cleaned around they can move their car before a return visit.

4. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

I second that.

5. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Yes but only at are 3 retirement homes.. 80+yrs olds and snow don't mix and I've never left it to find out if they do? Always respect your elders

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Oh my god those are the last people that should have a car

7. Hysert

Lol.. no kidding!! I have one little old lady who's out smoking during a storm, I've tried to get her on a ecig so she could smoke in her appt, she told me to F off

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

My parents are 86 and 87, I feel safer when they're driving instead of my 29 year old son. Age is a big factor but not the only one.

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe it should be clarified.......driving in a snowstorm.

To the OP: no.

We don't even shovel in front of garage doors of customers that we don't do the walks for.

10. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Yes, and when it snows, they have to go to Walmart or McDonalds for their coffee.

11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

See here's the problem with you people(s) from the great white north

Y'll have a sense of law and order and tighter penalties for criminal behavior. Hell, you cant get into Canada with a DUI on the record.

Here, the American populations are full of rebels. DUIs and high speed chases are just the normal day in the life along with drive by shootings.

Now with that type of training and backgrounds you expecting our elder rebels to have some sense stay home.....

12. Hysert

Lmao!!! U forgot ur streets are paved in gold

13. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Our streets are paved with potholes, frost heaves, and road-killed squirrels.

14. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

We shovel around cars at out 55 condo unit
    Also it is a 55 and over but it's either shovel it now while doing walk ways or come back and do while drive way again

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The coffee truck drivers make quick work of the squirrels, mystery meat sandwiches.

16. snocrete

snocrete Banned

If they're paying for the extra service, yes.....I wouldn't even give the option to do it around vehicles in the roadways though.

17. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I'll do whatever if it is getting paid for. Typically no though because they don't want to pay for it

18. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

They are paying for driveways I'm sure and 98% of condos make u come back next day between 10-4 to do spots so just shovel while there and be done

19. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We used to do a set of condo's and they wanted a price to clean off the cars, shovel and salt between the cars (about 75 of them). I gave them the price and the guy about had a heart attack, he thought it would be maybe another 75 bucks or so....LOL

20. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

Just to clarify they are 90 % younger people 30's and 40's its a new acct and while we were plowing at their place we just finished plowing the roadway and walks and people started pulling cars onto cleaned roads and clearing off the cars and pulling back into unplowed driveways then started telling workers to shovel around all the cars in driveways