1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Condo's

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowman52, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

i have a question lol..

i have always wondered how to get into condo's for the lawn and snow season. Is there like a secrect that i am missing? Im not asking for a lead on a place or anything just point me in the right direction. I live in burton, MI so if someone could help me out from around here that would be sweet. Also i no it is too late in the season to bid on them just trying to do my homework for next year.

thank you everyone

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

knock on doors, find out who the management company is, send them a letter, see what happens!

3. wewille

wewille Senior Member

The condos have an association with a board ofdirectors made up of owners. In most cases the board makes the decisions

4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Know people....stop and talk to someone walking around the development, internet search. Same as anything, gotta put a little effort in. A lot while sign year round contracts. Apr-apr may-may

5. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

Cool thanks guys I new it was different then a reg. biz. Just need to no how to approach it.

Also any of you do condos? How do you like it?.

6. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

A lot of them are ran my PM companies and if they are anything like the ones around here you need to whie and dine them and be as cheap as you can possablly be!! I have worked for one for 8 years now and have only been able to get it to a couple twn hms / condo's yet the funny thing is we are her best vendor. no complaints from the twn hm's we do one of them we are the higest on bids with but they love us so much we get it back ever year!! that or you need to try an trick them with free bees!! whic his a load of crap. there are a couple companies that will say I'll give you $1500 off on sdwks if you give us the season. Really WTF come on I like to see that!! I have both hands behind my back which ine is the ball in trick

7. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

Condo associations are our bread and butter. We got our first one many years ago through a personal contact, then we found that many of the board members are in contact with board members from other condos.

We now have 4 large condo associations. Once you get one do a great job and often times others will hear about you through them.