1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Condos...what to use?!?!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NoFearDeere, Sep 14, 2010.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

We are picking up 3 condo assoc. with about 60 driveways total, all within 1/2 mile of each other. Im trying to decide the easiest way to clear them...

Skid loader with snow blade
    Skid loader with snowblower
    Truck with rear Ebling plow

The driveways are between 30-75 feet in length. (Most are closer to 40 ft)

What is going to be the easiest and most cost effective way to clear them? Any help is appreciated!:)

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

skid with snowblower ...how do you get close to door? truck with rear plow..plow out to street then plow it off somewhere(seems cumbersome) skid with plow ...back drag and put in yard fairly quickly i would think...........we use skids with plows

3. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I use skids with blowers... Oh, and the pronovost pxpl; but it looks like I'm the only one.

4. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

How wide are they? Curbs? Obstructions? Can you cast to the side? I assume garage doors are at the end. How close do you have to get? What is your trigger? Sufffice it to say that more info is necessary to properly answer your question.

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

how did you get them without knowing what equipment your using?
    are those your choices or what you think would work?

around here most people use skids with a plow to clear the drives and a pickup for the roads.

6. NoFearDeere

Sidewalk crews will get walks and close to garage doors. Driveways have grass on each side and there is a public road in the middle of them which ends in a cul-de-sac. There is a parkway (area between sidewalk and street) on all of them. Trigger is 1 inch or whatever we cant melt with deicer. Driveways are 2 car wide, so approx. 16-20ft in width.

7. alwayz-plowin

alwayz-plowin Senior Member

If possible use a bob cat wth plow!
    thats what we do

If money isnt a problem go get a KAGe innovation system!
    Used it last year i really like it!
    it will show you exactly how to remove the snow in condo's
    Use the plow to back drag to the street then put the box on and plow it....

heres a video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayDCGIK6XfE

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

What about a SS & pusher w/pullback option?

Another thing.....it may not be an option for you, but I have thought a small (60-70hp) ag tractor with hydrostatic tran., front 9ft blade, and something like a 12ft ebling on back would be very efficient for small drives.

9. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

WOW! What a good video.......Thanks for showing us that.
    Any ideal what that set up would cost cage and cat?

10. NoFearDeere

I thought about a tractor but that will add up quick..$$$ I could buy two used skids for the price of one tractor.

Another option I thought of was a Toolcat.