1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

condo percent

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by the new boss 92, Jan 4, 2011.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

so tomarrow i am collecting my plow check. Im working for a very very resonable guy never gave me any problems, gives me what i want for pay if its not outragouse. were going to set up a percent of cost for me doing it because i do it all with the truck listed in my signature. he also sends a shoveling crew over there aswell. Its split into 3 sections with 38 driveways. there is also about 100ft of road in each section that we do. here is how i plow it and it takes me around an hour and a half. plow the roads, pull the driveways and plow the roads. when im done with that i go through and tuck the corners at entrences and got to the next site.

my question is what do you think is a resonable rate i should throw on the table tomarrow, im a very nice guy and i will feel guilty asking for anything over 50%. i do this as a hobby and have fun doing it, but also like to make my money without people feeling broke after paying me.

keeping in mind he has to pay a shoveling crew what is a decent percent i should ask for everytime i go over there?
  2. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Guess it depends how cheap he's doing it for. And how much you need to make for your time. Hard to say without knowing that. For an hour and a half job, 25% of $800 isn't bad money. 50% of $80 won't pay for gas.
  3. the new boss 92

With out knowing his pricing I would assume around 1300 he has it for and that's going off a couple people in me area to I have talked to but I couldn't tell you 100%
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would think 1 1/2 hours of your time plowing should be worth 50% or min of $200
  5. Remember in business NICE GUYS FINISH LAST!!!!!! YOU afterall were the one out there doing the job. Figure out what it cost you and what profit margin you want and tell the man.
  6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We pay site specific guys 70-75% of the value on a site. BUT they're full service, salt, shovel, plow, Calcium. We do nothing but check each storm, cover it if there's an issue and handle the billing.

In your case it say hourly is the most fair way to go.
  7. the new boss 92

hourly doesnt seem right though i would we at 97 bucks. i dont like that price, not fair to me because im getting hoesed if something were to break. sounds like 375 is fair and i would come out to around 200 after expensece. ins, gas, a soda/water. im thinking 375 is fair and i think thats what im going to be getting i get 425 for multiple driveways that i do that are all over the universe in my area so.