1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Condo/Patio Homes Pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by MikeRi24, Sep 9, 2012.

1. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I'm not looking for a number here, because we all know where thats going to lead......

I've got a home owners association I'm submitting a bid for, its about 40 driveways and about a miles of sidewalk, town plows the actual road. Just the snow, 3" trigger, NO salting. I've never done one of these before, so I was curious about how people approach them as far as pricing:

Do you price it PER-UNIT ?
    -Each driveway/sidewalk combo as if it was a single person that called for just that one, and then add all 40 up at the end and maybe take a few bucks off cuz they are all right next door to each other?

Do you price it as a COMMERCIAL ?
    -Since you're "on-site" the whole time, figure implement your hourly rate because it will be easier to estimate how long you'll be there per plow because theres no drive time between each driveway? Also, I'd be getting one check from the HOA, and if theres a problem or question, the HOA property manager contacts me, so I don't have 40 individual people calling me. Sounds like a commercial client, but its still 40 driveways....

In my particular case, I figured it out both ways, and I was within $1,000 of each other, Now, maybe that should tell me that my formula for pricing driveways or commercials is off, or maybe thats a good thing that I'm that close either way. How do you guys figure it?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

With places like that you try and price out to an avg for them. Each owner is charged the same whether they are a large drive or short one. Don't forget if the town is plowing the road they might be there after your done and will need to come back for cleanup .You might give a discount of a couple percent just because your saving on drive time.

3. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Yeah basically when I figured the price on per-hours, I figured in the initial plow, the time doing the walkways, and a return trip for cleanup. They want a per-unit price so I took the figured and divided them out by the number of units to get that. Again, I'm close figuring it either way....but no matter what some jackass will come in $2,000 below me anyway lol