1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Condo Driveways

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tom5301, Feb 22, 2008.

1. tom5301

tom5301 Member

Just wanted to hear your guys opinions.I picked up 200 driveways what is the best wa to do them.Bobcat or truck and what kind of bucke or blade.

2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

cat if u have some place to leave it because during a storm i dont wanna be draggin a trailer around

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We service 2 condo complexes and the one is very, very tight between driveways and next year its time for a skidsteer. Plus if you need to stack some snow and make a quick few hundred bucks its already there. It can be expensive to rent one, around here its 1600.00 per month. If the driveways are directly across from each other then maybe a back blade would be the trick.

4. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

We also service three town homes we use a bobcat with a 9 foot bucket it works great and is very efficient as long as you plow the roads with a truck it's fine.

5. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I would say a tractor with an inverted blower would work well. A skid-steer with a reversable blade/pusher would also be a good choice.

6. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

I currently Plow a condo association with 130 Drives, do them all with 1 bobcat s250, with a Hiniker "C" plow. C plow works great, takes about 3 swipes a drive. gets down to the pavement pretty good. hope this helps.

7. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Knocka how long does that take you, 2 speed?

8. jason t.

jason t. Member

On townhomes, you will find the 2 speed not necessary.

9. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

it takes about 61/2 hours for a 3 inch push, but thats with 4 guys, 1 bobcat. We salt and shovel walks too. It is a 2 speed, but when back dragging the drives i usually keep it in the 1st speed. when i put it in 2 speed, it makes it a little hard to move the sticks. kinda sucks around cars and what not, so i just avoid it inless im movin snow in the street.

10. trmotorsports

trmotorsports Junior Member

Maybe a tractor with a box blade on the back??
    I use mine at the development I do and it works great, you can back right up to the garage door , drop the back blade and pull the snow right out. 3-4 swipes per drive and you are done. Then I take the snow and push it over the snow bank with the bucket. The roads in the development I do with the truck.

Tyler