1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Condo Contract Takeover!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by creativedesigns, Dec 31, 2009.

1. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Yess! I took over another Condo contract today in Ottawa West. The other company left it a complete mess, huge piles of snow impeding parking stalls & blocking entrances ect. The whole lot was ice coated, so we brought in lots of salt spread everywhere. Ended up taking 9 tri-axle loads away. Here's some pics. :waving: tymusic

DSCN3363.jpg

DSCN3366.jpg

DSCN3365.jpg

DSCN3372.jpg

DSCN3373.jpg

2. creativedesigns

Heres a couple of quick vids too! :drinkup: Im betting Jayman's lovin' the heavy D/S bucket on his favourite machine, LOL.

Oh....& Happy New Year to evryone! tymusic

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxyP52Cli90&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxyP52Cli90&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ejsPO5rssJQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ejsPO5rssJQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome man! I'm assuming this condo contacted you? Is that your case?

4. creativedesigns

I service other properties for the same management corp, so I got first dibbs! :p

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

thats awesome man! this is my first year in business and had a small nice paying condo call me up which blew me away hahaha

how exactly do you get "in" with these management corps??

6. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Hey Cre not bad vid but I can load faster than that guy,Marsten probably over charged you :p,those D/S buckets are o.k I have one but I would prefure the JRB buckets or the H/H ones.

7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, thats a nice Case.

8. THE-BOSS-PLOWS

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Looks Good.

9. snowguy1550

snowguy1550 Junior Member

thats nice man, lemme tell you Ive been doig the same condo complex for 20 years they pay great but are a real pain in the arse. WE keep the roads open all da and night and during the day my crews have to do all 135 driveways and walkways. So it looks like were done and then were there till 9 at nite. ya gotta love it :) also thats a great thing you do with the backhoe I do the same thing but no need to cart it off we just move the bigger piles off to the grass. HAPPY PLOWING

10. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

Maybe it's my imagination, but couldn't you have parked the dump a little closer to speed things up???

Happy new year:bluebounc

11. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

You must not have done any work "by the hour" have you.. LOL

12. NHCraigT

NHCraigT Member
    from NH

My company does work for several of them. Our name gets passed around - word of mouth.

It's not that hard to get in with them. Their main concerns are budget and service. Tenants complain = they have move outs, and their occupancy and income go down.

I'd suggest putting together a professional looking sales package, and making an appointment with the Property Manager. Try doing this around Sept of each year, when they start to go over their future annual budget (next years budget). They are always looking for "bids", that will save them some money, but provide superior and reliable service.

Good Luck.

13. schmol

schmol Senior Member

Not trying to be a smart ass but that dump could have gotten much closer, 1 minute plus for one bucketfull is just brutal.

14. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

I was going to say the same thing but didn't want to start anything,Is that a hoe that Marsten rents for the winter,Is it you that got the take over or them.

15. creativedesigns

Im the contract holder. Yea I guess they could'a got more closer, but at least they didn't waste time driving long distance to dump at their Albion location, instead they dumped at Matamy Homes construction site! (Marsten has a conexion with them) We got 9 tri-axles loaded in 2.5 hours.

16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good cre......wheres the kubota loading snow?

17. creativedesigns

LMAO! With that Case backhoe around, the Kubota was hiding in the corner! :laughing:

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm glad you got another contract. How come you brought in someone else's backhoe when you could have billed out your own?

19. schmol

schmol Senior Member

Thats true Cre, a close dumpsite is often far more important than how fast the truck loading goes.

20. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Hey creative do you have a sander? Salter what ever you want to call it? Or do you sub it out.