1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Condo Complex

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Dakota2004, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

Ok I was wondering how would you go about plowing a condo complex that has roughly 200 units that looks almost like a really long drive with the units on both sides and no garage parking so all the cars are in spots all along the units. So I was thinking about angeling the blade so the snow rolls away from the bumpers of the cars.

Now with that there will more than likely be snow that will almost block the cars in (excess that rolls off) so this will be the tenants problem to clear so they can get out and I will just come back after the storm and clear wherever there still is snow from the peoples cars that they just pushed off to the ground, right?

Theres plenty of room to pile snow throughout the complex, just wondering on ideas of how you would clear the snow with so many cars all along the side. I'm really thinking to clear everything and the spots that have cars in them get as close as I can and come back when the cars are moved to clear the rest.
  2. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

At my old appt. that is exactly what they did they just angled down the middle and kept piling it up as close to the cars as they could to minimize the amount of shovel the tenats had to do however they still pissed all the tenants off lol. but what else could you do unless you has a BC or frontend loader. be carefull you dont roll snow into anyones car though.
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

That's practically a guarantee that you will hit a car or two or three. I like to play around and see how close I can get, but that's only with my own old beater and my Mother-in-law's car (I can get the curl of my Fisher under the rear bumper. Others, I stay about five feet from the car, the plow is down and I'll be backblading. Pushing forward behind cars will only make it worse for them trying to shovel. I've had tenants insist that I plow between cars. I left at that point. The manager called me wanting to know what happened. When I told him, he asked that I come back and nobody would bother me. I will not plow between cars with less than two spaces. If possible, I keep cars from being behind me so I don't have to worry about them when I'm backing up.

For a condo complex that size, I'd get a rear plow and save a lot of time. Plan on making at least one return trip. Keep the drive lanes open and clear spaces as they empty.
  4. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

Well I will be the driver for a buddy's company with his truck so I don't want to mess his truck up. With respect to the back blading theres really not to much room for that its pretty tight with the truck. I think I will just roll away from the back of the cars and make another trip or two back to clear where the cars have left.

Otherwise I think its going to be pretty easy just may take a long time. The only thing bad is that it goes straight 1/4 mile and then a bend for almost a 1/4 mile and then straight again. At the end of the second bend theres a ton of room to pile, and along the second straight away theres alittle room to pile too. Its just kinda sucks to have cars all the way around the entire bend. But hey no garages to need to back blade lol.

thanks alot
  5. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

any more ideas?