1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Condo Complex Bid Help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by rlmlandscape, Sep 14, 2014.

1. rlmlandscape

rlmlandscape Junior Member

Hi Guys,
    Sorry for the future novel. Got a call from a condo complex looking to have a bid for snow removal. They in the past had a guy who plowed for them that wasn't 100% reliable and did a messy job at plowing the lot(plowing snow back up onto sidewalks etc). They do not have any triggers in place from previous years so it's up to me to set the triggers etc. The way the worked it in the past is the plow guy would come in when they called and he would start doing the roads around 6 or 7 in the morning. The condo assoc. has two on staff maintenance men who would do the sidewalks with snow blowers and it would take them 2.5-3 hours to clear the walks(problem is if that if they have a call for heat problem etc they would lose a guy doing sidewalks). After the walks were clear they would start knocking on doors around 9 to have tenants move their cars and then plow each lot one at a time. They told me that it was an all day event to get all the lots done in a 6" storm. Now with that being said here are my thoughts on how to handle it better for them.

I am going to put on the lot a Bobcat s590 with a 8' or 10' kage plow on it. I want to do a 1" or 2" trigger. Not sure if I can convince them to do a 1" trigger or not. This way they won't have to worry about calling someone to come out and plow. We will maintain the roadways and main aisles in the lots during storms and then clear the cars out like they have previously done after the roads are clear etc. It will still take a day with knocking on doors to have people move cars but hopefully on smaller storms tenants can get out easier and hopefully have less door knocking to do. They want help on the walkways so what I'm thinking is having 1 guy with a snow blower to help. This way if one of their guys gets pulled off snow duty we can still get the job done fast. What I need help on is pricing increments for snowfall. What is common for commercial condo complexes? Reminder that they said it takes a full day to finish clearing lots on a 6" storm (however that was with truck and not a skid)

The last 4 years I have maintained 60 driveways with two trucks (one which will be available for backup on larger storms to open up the roads). Salting they want done on a per call basis. Thanks for the help.

Condo Plowing Front.JPG

Condo Plowing.jpg
  2. rlmlandscape

rlmlandscape Junior Member

I have a hard time believing nobody has any input on this lol
  3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not going to give pricing, as that varies too much.

Time estimates per clearing without seeing it in person or being able to zoom in better.
    0-2" 2.5 hours
    2-4" 3.5 hours
    4-6" 4.75 hours
    6-8" 6.5 hours

On an s590, I don't think I'd want any more than an 8' Kage.