1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Condo Bid Request for NY Plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sean Adams, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

I received an email the other day from someone requesting a referral for snow removal this winter...Here is the email I received:

Our condominium board is in search of a new company to perform snow removal this coming winter. We are located in Middletown, NY. We would need a few bids for consideration. Can you recommend anyone? Thanks for you time.

Iris Freeman

The email address to respond to is ALMGMTCO@aol.com

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I can just see some old guy like my father doing the Internet search:
    "Snow Plowing"
    and this site came up. (That's how I found it)
    Condo's are sure money, I guess no ones paying attention to an "Invitation to bid" ? you posted.

3. plowed

plowed Senior Member

I would hesitate to say that condos are sure money. More often than not their simply looking for the lowest bidder. They often don't consider you're equipment, experience, etc.

Condos can also be very difficult to work in. Lots of autos all over the place, trash containers, and usually no where to put the snow. Plow around the cars, then go back and do it again once people decide to move them.

They can be ok if you're running small machines, eg skid steers, loaders, backhoes, but trucks plowing condos are not my idea of a fun snow event.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I used to do 4 big condo complex's with a Bronco II with a 6 ' Meyer blade.
    110 Drives + streets
    120 Drives + streets
    20 Drives + streets
    80 Drives + streets
    I know what you mean, it seems IDIOTS own codo's! They just park where-ever they please.