1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Condo Association Bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by lrwilson27, Sep 7, 2016.

1. lrwilson27

lrwilson27 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Im not familiar with bidding condo associations. We mostly do residential and commercial but have gotten the lawn care contract for this place and they also want us to do snow removal. Id like to see how close my figures are. This bid includes the private road, driveways, and walk ways. There is a total of about 80k sq ft being pushed/shoveled. The number I came up with was $400 starting at 2 inches up to 4 inches and then $50 for each additional inch. What do you guys think?

2. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

So is it just the stuff in side the yellow line?
    Even if it is 400 is way to cheep. You guys are supposed to get a lot of snow this winter. For every thing in side of the yellow line I bid that at 800 for 2 to 4"
  3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

All machine and hand work for $400? And $50 an inch after 4 inches?

Seems cheap to me.
  4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I dont like to put dollar figures on things for other people but more of how long will it take you and you can adapt your rate to that.

That shouldnt take more than an hour or so with a pickup (with a good plow and operator) or skid whatever you use to do the plowing and maybe 2 hours in labor for sidewalks. I didnt see any thing about salting drives or sidewalks.
  5. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Couple of questions?....What do you plan on using equipment wise to do this?....How long do you think it will take with said equipment??
    BUFF likes this.
  6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

All very valid and needed to provide feedback.....

OP if you're going to used tier pricing you may want to consider 2or3" increments and bumping the price 40% for every increment. Your $400 for 2-4" becomes $560 for 4-6(or 4-7"), next tier price is $784,etc.....
    FWIW you're underselling yourself depending on the scope of service they're looking for.
  7. lrwilson27

lrwilson27 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Yes I agree the 400 was too cheap. We have two plow trucks, a bucket tractor with box pusher, and a skid. I want this to be a money maker because i really do not need or want it that badly. I am planning on putting a bid out for about 750 and going up in increments.