1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

condition of my new plow, is this normal..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by daveintoledo, Nov 24, 2007.

1. daveintoledo

daveintoledo Senior Member
    from nw ohio

i had my new plow mounted today, and there is some rust on the horizontal ribs, and a bit on the top where the snow deflector is, a small spot under the meyers logo, and two spots on the moldboard....

this was done by a big and reputable place, all the plows are stored outside, i called and complained and they acted as if i was off track..... '

what do you guys think, i have some pics i can post later if needed..

thanks, dave
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  2. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I'm curious how much rust there is, post some pics. IMO, there shouldn't be ANY rust. Would you buy a new car with rust? Nope, the dealer shouldn't expect someone to buy a NEW plow with rust.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Wait till the end of the season. If you don't have any rust or scrapes you didn't plow enough!
  4. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

My other deal with the rust would make me wonder what else might be wrong with the plow. Corroded wiring? etc
  5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Post some pics of that. When you buy new it should look new too!!! Not pre worn for ya. Fluid Film that plow too!!
  6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

No rust on mine except a bit on the cutting edge. Mine was stored inside though, id say it was the outside storage that probably did it in. I woulden't want any rust on the moldboard/frame if I paid several grand for a plow.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sure the plow sat outside last winter and this summer. The blade was at the bottom of the pile being moved around by the yard fork lift. The smallest of scrapes will be jiant blisters by the start of next season.

Hope the gave you a sweet deal on old stock. Have a look at the date of manufacture on the plow. How old is that new blade?????