1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Concrete tearout & tracked skids??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by In2toys, Apr 12, 2014.

1. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Looked at a Kubota sv75 today & wondered how the tracks hold up to running over concrete chunks. A lot of the work I do is tear out & I'm always running over a chunk in the wrong place. I can see riding on top of one & sliding off & tearing the track... Or rebar... I run flat free Mcclarens know so don't really care about those issues, but that would have to change if I went with tracked machine. Any of you concrete guys running tracked skids?
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Yep we do. We don't run over broken concrete though because along with it ruining tracks it's also a great way to destroy the undercarriage. We have a rule when it comes to running stuff over, if it's not snow, dirt or gravel you better not be on it.
  3. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Running over broken concrete isn't as bad as it might sound, just be careful and use your head. We run a T180 with a breaker and have never broken a track yet on concrete. Watch out for the sharp mountain size pieces and you'll be fine.
  4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

We do a lot of remove & replace work. Most of the time we use a track machine. Never had any problems.
  5. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Remove old Asphalt and replace it with Salt resistant Concrete right???....:salute:
  6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Yes...resistant to hungry salt even.
  7. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

thanks for the input guys. It'd be an owner operator type situation, so easier to control... Not sure what I'm going to do yet.
  8. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Once you own a track machine, you won't look back!
  9. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Well, won't look back unless your plowing snow!