1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Concrete Damage?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Vaughn Schultz, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Will this destroy the concrete?

This is for three locations with concrete. At the age of:

Gas station 1= 5+ years
    Gas station 2= 3+ years
    Restaurant = 5+ years (concrete age)

I want to use "End Ice, Ice Melter"
    On the back it list's

Potassium Chloride 007447-40-7
    Calcium Chloride 010043-52-4
    Sodium Chloride 007647-14-5

Don't know what all this means, If you can help me find out if this will hurt it, to bad please post back.

2. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

That is a tri-blend product. I guess it has like a -20 burn temp. It is concret safe, so to speak, any salt OVER APPLIED will cause damage.

By posting this are you saying you have three accounts that require salting but have not Ice Managment experience?

You might want to do some more reading about things like application rates, burn temps, and so on.

I am in South Elgin if you need some help on the when and how much. 1st word of advice is watch for the IDOT or COUNTY salt trucks. Salt when they do. DO NOTwait for the locals guys to be out. Two very different funding system.

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Thank you.
    You are correct, I have not a clue what i am doing :nono: